totally different exhausts

Chat about anything
noddysbestfriend
On the Road

totally different exhausts

Post by noddysbestfriend »

Just thought I'd share this with you all. I wanted new cans for my V raptor but wanted something tri-oval and black or carbon. I was looking through ebay and came across these cans off a k7 gsxr1000 and ended up paying £80 for them and they were brand new. They weigh about a third of the original cans and when fitted they give a nice deep rumble but with a bit of a bark on acceleration. Since fitting them I have drilled some 10mm holes in the baffle plate inside and can only describe the sound as mental - it now sounds how it looks! The guy responsible for making the link pipes is Nigel at Nrp exhausts. He usually makes race sysems from scratch so he knows what he's doing and charged me £100 for the job. I'm really pleased how the bikes turned out and hope you all like it.
Attachments
small 2.jpg
small 2.jpg (120.45 KiB) Viewed 5424 times
small1.jpg
small1.jpg (195.05 KiB) Viewed 5424 times
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Re: totally different exhausts

Post by dizzyblonde »

:shock: :? :shock:
Just one Cornettooooo.......

I'm really sorry, but I'm afraid its a no from me. Most people try getting rid of those things, not add them.
I don't think they suit your lovely bike. So sorry :(
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
noddysbestfriend
On the Road

dizzyblonde wrote::shock: :? :shock:
Just one Cornettooooo.......

I'm really sorry, but I'm afraid its a no from me. Most people try getting rid of those things, not add them.
I don't think they suit your lovely bike. So sorry :(
That's ok DB I knew they'd be a bit like marmite and no offence taken but I've always had questionable taste (probably why I wanted a V raptor in the first place) - no offence fellow V raptor owners :oops:
RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

Sorry, I'm with DB on this....just not my cup of tea, but excellent job with the rest of the bike :D
bomberh69
On the Road

Post by bomberh69 »

Weird I actually thought about doing this, as you can pick up gsxr pipes very cheap.
I would have gone for them mounted lower down (shorter link pipe)

Well done for trying something new
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

Good effort mate, all credit to you for trying something different. :wink:

I must admit i agree with Bomber about shorter link pipes though. Have they released any extra gee gees?
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
noddysbestfriend
On the Road

weirdo wrote:Good effort mate, all credit to you for trying something different. :wink:

I must admit i agree with Bomber about shorter link pipes though. Have they released any extra gee gees?
Thanks for the comments. I know what you mean about the link pipes and to be honest I wanted the two small stainless trims fitting that go on the front end of the cans. They carry the taper a few more inches forward and cover up the flange and mounting nuts. The guy who fitted the cans said they were the wrong shape as the pipes turn inwards as soon as they exit the cans on the Suzuki so he couldn't fit them (he even tried modifying them). I'm going to look at them again to see if it might be possible but i'm not going to lose sleep if they can't be fitted. I've not really had a proper ride to see if it feels any quicker but the noise is there so it sounds MUCH quicker than before and losing all that weight should make it feel a bit nicer.
exposuredesigns
On the Road

Post by exposuredesigns »

I actually like it. It makes the bike look more modern with the tri-oval pipes. Good on you for trying something different. I think it looks the good, but i am from Australia so what would i know. :wink:
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

noddysbestfriend wrote:............... sounds MUCH quicker than before ............
:D that'd do it for me
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
kev
On the Road

Post by kev »

i am in the not for me gang but hey some people dont like what ive done to my rap but as long as you like what the fxxk if we all liked the same thing there would only be one bike maker :D
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

The good news is that I think they look pretty neat and in keeping with the overall 'blackness' of the bike. The bad news is that my tastes are a bit weird. But lets be right, they certainly don't look any worse than the standard silences, they're lighter, and they're louder. And they're different. Nice.
Bfef
On the Road

Post by Bfef »

I like them a lot, they look super tidy, well made and totally in keeping with the bike. They look practically OEM in the pictures, good work.
Evil Twin
On the Road

Post by Evil Twin »

I'm for shorter pipes myself but well impressed. Black and Gold hints at a Irving Vincent 8) 8) 8)
The bike made me do it!
Sika56
On the Road

Post by Sika56 »

They look great. Another yes vote from down under. :)
Motorcycles - helping ugly people have sex since 1903.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Ahh well the VRap was always considered a marmite bike to some, so there you have it...some love it, some don't....certainly a talking point :D
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge