Onboard Movie + some piccies

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
4ph3x
On the Road

Onboard Movie + some piccies

Post by 4ph3x »

Some pics and a chase movie of my Rap...

Replaced the steering bar by a lower SBK bar, added Rizoma bar-ends, wave disks, rear shock replacement..
Thinking of powder coating the frame matte black as well as the forks, rims, headlight ring and the ugly grey plastic headlight fairing...

Sunday ride through the dutch countryside: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwNH7-ihKrA

4ph3x
On the Road

Re: Onboard Movie + some piccies

Post by 4ph3x »

2010 update

Painted the headlight ring and plastic covers matte black. Bought Kev's solo seat cowl and also painted it... pretty happy with the result :D

RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

Looking Good :D Where did you get the mirrors from and can you see out of them?
jimO
On the Road

Post by jimO »

JO51 wrote:55 years agoLooking Good :D Where did you get the mirrors from and can you see out of them?

i would like to know that as well
harboged
On the Road

Post by harboged »

I'm also thinking about painting those grey plastic covers. Is it difficult to remove them?
Cagiva Raptor 1000 -04
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Enjoyed the footage of riding through the Dutch countryside. It brought back a few great memories. I used to have friends in Holland that I visited quite reularly many years ago. I've had some smart rides both through the countryside and through Amsterdam too..
Jethro
On the Road

Post by Jethro »

Peanuts! :D
harboged wrote:55 years agoI'm also thinking about painting those grey plastic covers. Is it difficult to remove them?
'96 Yamaha FZR 600R[/sold]
'01 Cagiva V-Raptor 1000[/sold]
'03 Aprilia ETV1000 Caponord [/sold]
'07 Cagiva V-Raptor 1000 [CURRENT]
'?? Cagiva X-tra Raptor [maybe in the future]
harboged
On the Road

Post by harboged »

Good! :D Please tell me how then. You don't have to loosen the fork yokes?
Jethro wrote:55 years agoPeanuts! :D
harboged wrote:55 years agoI'm also thinking about painting those grey plastic covers. Is it difficult to remove them?
Cagiva Raptor 1000 -04
4ph3x
On the Road

Post by 4ph3x »

JO51 wrote:55 years agoLooking Good :D Where did you get the mirrors from and can you see out of them?
The mirrors are from Rizoma type "reverse retro" url: http://www.rizoma.com/Prodotti/Prodotti ... ategoria=1 (scroll down end of page). You also need two Rizoma end caps to fasten them. The view is clear without vibration. You can also turn them 180 degrees, so the mirror stands outside for better view. The mirrors are small, when turned inside as on the first picture there's a little elbow view.
You need to remove the topyoke to remove the grey covers. It's a relative easy job. First remove the steering rod, then you can acces the topyoke nut. I used a pipe with an Allen key in it to release the topyoke nut.

After that attach the steering rod back for more leverage on the yoke.The trick is to sit on the back of the bike to remove/replace the topyoke. If you dont, the front forks are not in line with the headset and it wont come off.
The forks and headset are fixed so no worries about that.

Reattach the topyoke nut and fixate with locktite 242 blue and a torque setting of approx 60Nm.
4ph3x
On the Road

Post by 4ph3x »

Since it's raining cats and dogs here I decided to try some video editing. Unfortunately the cam quality is as poor as my editing skills, but the beatiful German roads of Sauerland level that completely out :mrgreen: Raptor in it's natural habitat :ride:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv1vR3u5mPw
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

Brilliant stuff! No tractors, no caravans, no bollards, no overbanding..... the type of road that dreams are made of. :thumbsup:
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
Fausto
On the Road

Post by Fausto »

That looks like good riding territory. Shame there was no sound as I'd like to have heard the Mivvs.
How are they? I am considering some and assume that the quality is good?
4ph3x
On the Road

Post by 4ph3x »

Fausto wrote:55 years agoThat looks like good riding territory. Shame there was no sound as I'd like to have heard the Mivvs.
How are they? I am considering some and assume that the quality is good?
Too much windnoise in that movie, but I've made some others featuring the Mivv's. The sound is full and dark even with dB killers pretty loud, but acceptable. The sound gives a whole new dimension to riding the Rap :D Built quality is good, no hassling on fitting the pipes.

Vid of first test ride (bike is already warm here, cold I don't torture it like that): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYgQ9Mf9TMs

And here a little drive by: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOKjmNHtOI8

Note: Both vids are with dB Killers mounted, without you get very little counterpressure and remapping was then recommended by my dealer.