Please ID this electrical gizmo

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Bfef
On the Road

Please ID this electrical gizmo

Post by Bfef »

Under the seat on my rappy thou along with the relays and fuses is a mystery electrical box. It has two bolt holes so it looks like it should be screwed to something and it has a short "prong" that looks like a sensor that should be inserted into something. It's just loose under the seat, the bike works fine so I guess it's not that important but I'd like to know if it should be properly screwed into something! Many thanks, pictures below:

Bfef
On the Road

Re: Please ID this electrical gizmo

Post by Bfef »

Mmm, Googling the part number (18590-80C50) turns up this page http://www.robinsonsfoundry.co.uk/conte ... body/1.htm which suggests it's an air pressure sensor (item 37), somethinhg to do with the throttle body. Still looks like it needs to be attached to something though, and have a tube pushed onto the prongy-bit.
bomberh69
On the Road

Post by bomberh69 »

Its the aps Atmospheric pressure sensor
it vents to the air should have a couple of inch's of tube but not that inportant.
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

Mine is fastened to the left sidewall of that compartment with a 6mm screw (just one). I have to remove it to take out the battery.
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
cagiva_girl
On the Road

Post by cagiva_girl »

yep same her e had to remove it when fitting a battery as well - i wondered what it was! it was fixed with one small screw same as weirdo, mystery solved :dance:
so many roads to travel - so many ways to get lost!