going to sell my baby

Chat about anything
AZ
On the Road

going to sell my baby

Post by AZ »

I have thought long and hard about it and have decided to sell the raptor so i can put the buell and the cbr4/600 turbo on the road and also spend a little on the old jag.I know i shall miss her but needs must.If i keep her i`ll probably lose my licence through wheelies.I don`t think i will ever have as much fun on another bike as i have had on this but it`s the sort of fun that`s frowned upon by most people and now that my lad is coming on the back more often i find that i need a bike that is more passenger friendly and i can`t afford to run all my toys.
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
weirdo
On the Road

Re: going to sell my baby

Post by weirdo »

Sorry you feel you have to get rid Howard. I hope once she's gone you don't have too many regrets. :(

She's a beaut too, how much will you be asking for her ?
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

I know i`m going to regret it in many ways but it`s the raptor or the Buell and i can`t sell the Buell as it was a 40th birthday pressie off my brother, so it`s a keeper.
I want no less than £1800 or i`ll keep it and mothball it untill i can afford to run it along with my other toys and maybe i`ll be able to show a little more restraint in the manner i ride it.One other option is to take some sort of part-ex and at least a grand cash as that`s what i need to do the Buell and the cbr.I may even see if i can get a damaged raptor on the cheap and slowly build it up over a few years with all the trick bits i wanted to put on this one,or even better would be to win the lottery and keep the raptor and everything else and then some more :revrev: .
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
Bfef
On the Road

Post by Bfef »

It's sad but you've gotta do what's best. You looked after it all this time and had a blast, sell it on and let someone new experience the fun! I once waited years and years to afford a brand new V-max, two years later we just plain ran out of money, had to sell it. Very sad at the time but now having fun on a different bike, it'll all work out in the end - especially with two other cool bikes already in the garage!
Fausto
On the Road

Post by Fausto »

AZ wrote: i can`t sell the Buell as it was a 40th birthday pressie off my brother, so it`s a keeper.
Think my brother bought me a pint on my 40th :shock:
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

Well that`s it,just had my last ride on her as the Mot runs out tonight :( .Strangeley enough it didn`t involve a single wheelie,don`t think i even broke the speed limit.I just took in the scenery and the feeling of freedom.This is going to be the first winter i haven`t rode a bike since i started riding back in 85.Gonna start freshening up all the little things that get fluffy with age,on the bike that is.She`s gonna be a shiney little thing for the next owner ,or me if i can`t bring myself to part with her.
Evil Twin
On the Road

Post by Evil Twin »

Sorry to hear AZ but ya gotta do what ya gotta do
AZ wrote:I can`t sell the Buell as it was a 40th birthday pressie off my brother .
Just forwarded this to my brother :D
The bike made me do it!
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

Strange thing is that when me and my bruv lived together we battled all the time ,but when he moved 300 miles away we missed each other and now get on really well.As they say"abscence makes the heart grow fonder".
It was a cool 40th pressie though.
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

"It was a cool 40th pressie though"

I remember when the old git make the declaration on UKBEG about the bike. No bugger believed him and all agreed it was just another "ATT" moment!

Did find out he had a soft(ish) side later when we were at Adam`s together tho`..................................
nil illigitimae carborundum
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

He`s a lot softer than anyone knows but he wouldn`t like me telling anyone.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

AZ wrote:He`s a lot softer than anyone knows but he wouldn`t like me telling anyone.
:bollocking: too late :haha: we aallllll know now :nod:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!
Just got my wages returned to how they were 2 years back(done to help the company survive the recession) so now i can afford to do everything i want to.
THE RAPTOR IS STAYING :thumbsup: :dance:
MOT tomorrow then tax it and away we go :revrev:
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :dance: :dance: :ride: :ride: At last some good news!!
Twisted Tequila Sister
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Way to go, AZ!!! thats karma for you.........................
nil illigitimae carborundum
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Reeeeeeee sult :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

now take it steady - still cold and damp out there :wink:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>