parts wanted

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
roadrunner
On the Road

parts wanted

Post by roadrunner »

anyone know where i can get a small screen for my 650 2001 naked raptor .the importers here are useless .also this bike ive had since new has only a13litre tank the specs all say 17litres
Fausto
On the Road

Re: parts wanted

Post by Fausto »

Hello and welcome roadrunner.

Where is 'here' ? It may help someone advise you.

Also how did you work out the 13 litre tank figure? Fill it from empty ? Seems odd to me.
roadrunner
On the Road

Post by roadrunner »

bike run dry in heavey rain storm on freeway took in12.9 litres to fill it.Road test on English mag. also disputed the tank capacity,while doing a preview in 2001.Is a bit of let down in Australia where we do long runs and servos arenot always open.Still a great bike built for the nice windys we have in Victoria .Had since new no problems at all.Still can scrape the knees on the island PI.AM 71 today
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

wow 71 hope i am still that mad if i make 71 :mrgreen:
Bit of a Muppet
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

welcome in roadrunner :)
:? maybe there's a difference in the 650 tank, I know I've put just short of 14 litres in my thou at times and it wasn't totally dry. Difficult for you when the fuel stops are far apart :(

I had a small headlight-mounted Givi screen on mine previously, (admit I didn't notice a difference when I took it off)
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
pod
On the Road

Post by pod »

My 2001 650 takes 15 litres to fill when the warning light comes on, takes 19 litres to fill from empty.
The 650 has a smaller airbox than the thou hence more room for petrol although the outlines are the same.
Maybe you have a thou tank fitted or somone has stuffed 6 litres of contraband into your tank ?
Cheers
Pod
Stay calm.
Frankiesan
On the Road

Post by Frankiesan »

My 2002 has a 17l tank.. Seems a bit odd that you got such a small one in comparison...

Think like snap I've got a givi, check the post back for when I fell off and needed a new one.. 3 years ago now.. Shoulders still F&(ked from that..
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

The 650 has a bigger tank as less of it is cut away underneath for the airbox hence the differance in capacity.
nil illigitimae carborundum