Replacement Potential

Chat about anything
NZraptorgirl
On the Road

Re: Replacement Potential

Post by NZraptorgirl »

baliraptor wrote:55 years agoWhere is the luggage rack on the raptor from ?

i was looking for something like that.

thanx Wolfgang
http://www.ventura-bike.com/fitments.aspx?modelid=94

There ya go :wink:
NZraptorgirl
On the Road

Post by NZraptorgirl »

New bike has been lowered with one of these...

The height goes from this...

to this...

and an easy one foot rest like this...

As you can see, she is very happy with the swap.

Were planning to ride after lunch today but so far the extreme windy conditions are keeping us indoors :wavesad:

Cheers from NZ
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

What a change!! Good work there NZ, that's going to be much easier to hold at a stop/manoeuvre than 'tippy-toes' for NZgirl :thumbsup:
coupla q's - is that triangle (thingy) 'off the shelf' or 'one off' ? and are you going to have to adjust/replace the stand too?
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
NZraptorgirl
On the Road

Post by NZraptorgirl »

snapdragon wrote:55 years agoWhat a change!! Good work there NZ, that's going to be much easier to hold at a stop/manoeuvre than 'tippy-toes' for NZgirl :thumbsup:
coupla q's - is that triangle (thingy) 'off the shelf' or 'one off' ? and are you going to have to adjust/replace the stand too?
This fits on the top of the shock and moves the mount up and back a smidge.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180725120569 ... 150wt_1185

The sidestand is ok as it had a fairly large lean before. We may have to remove a bit in the future but Hilary thinks it will be fine.

Cheers from NZ
Raptoress
On the Road

Post by Raptoress »

don't know if you've even noticed the Kawasaki Zephyr, i have been riding one for six years. mine is a 750cc, and goes well, but without the explosive power of the raptor. it has a low seat height, and good position for short arms and legs, ( i am only 5 foot tall)

if the off has damaged her confidence, i would be looking at something not so powerful, so she can be comfortable and build up her skills.
when she has the confidence back, the zephyr is quite capable of keeping up in the tight stuff, just struggles out in the open. (it can sit on 170kph no worries tho)

Mine is custom painted and very tidy, and i will be selling it soon. i will be asking about $5000, but a standard one in good nick may only cost about $3000 ish.

so there's another thought for you.

cheerz frankie
There is no better high, than a good days riding !

Raptor 1000
Z1R
NZraptorgirl
On the Road

Post by NZraptorgirl »

Raptoress wrote:55 years agodon't know if you've even noticed the Kawasaki Zephyr, i have been riding one for six years. mine is a 750cc, and goes well, but without the explosive power of the raptor. it has a low seat height, and good position for short arms and legs, ( i am only 5 foot tall)

if the off has damaged her confidence, i would be looking at something not so powerful, so she can be comfortable and build up her skills.
when she has the confidence back, the zephyr is quite capable of keeping up in the tight stuff, just struggles out in the open. (it can sit on 170kph no worries tho)

Mine is custom painted and very tidy, and i will be selling it soon. i will be asking about $5000, but a standard one in good nick may only cost about $3000 ish.

so there's another thought for you.

cheerz frankie
Good luck with your sale, OZ is certainly a great country for bikes, apart from from the odd kangaroo and very hot day.

We had tried the Cruiser style a few times with a Honda Shadow and a couple of Suzukis but she preferred the standard riding position.

The Diversion is very nice and now that it is lowered it is a breeze to handle.

Cheers from NZ