Anyone put clip-ons on the rappy?

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
cF^
On the Road

Anyone put clip-ons on the rappy?

Post by cF^ »

Considering doing it to mine. Just wondering if it's feasable. Looks like the front will need to be dropped down the forks to fit them on though.
Had jota bars on my last bike and the aggresive riding position made me feel alot more comfy when riding hard, I tend to find it fairly difficult with such wide upright bars to really get it over with confidence as I dont feel my body + weight is in the right position.
May well just end up refitting jota bars to the rappy to see how that goes but just wondering if anyone had done clip ons with much success?
Cheers,
vassilis67
On the Road

Re: Anyone put clip-ons on the rappy?

Post by vassilis67 »

i would, but my belly keeps getting in the way....
It's all greek to me....
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

I did have jota bars on mine and liked em but needed to adjust the bar stops to stop em clunking the tank (very restricted lock)
I would think the amount you would have to drop the forks through the yokes would cause the steering to be too lively so be careful.
Bit of a Muppet
cF^
On the Road

Post by cF^ »

hmmm, neither of those options sound particularly appealing now. Will have a play with the jota bars and see just how restricted the turning will be!
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

I presume the VRap and the Rap bars are the same, there ain't much room with standard bars between the tank, me thumbs have been pinched before :pinch:

Wouldn't worry too much about confidently getting it over with the wide bars, they like doing the confidence for you :D I was the opposite, going from clip ons, I've lent further over instantly, than I ever go with the SV :tada:
The Rap only has to look at a corner and it wants to flop into it :)
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Must say though mine is a v rap and the horns can be a pain ,so it might be easier on a std rap.
Bit of a Muppet
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

dizzyblonde wrote:55 years agoI presume the VRap and the Rap bars are the same,)
No Dizz, the V-Rap bars are lower and wider than the naked.
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!