rear brakelight not working

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
kriss
On the Road

rear brakelight not working

Post by kriss »

mot time this week and checking the rear brakelight is working on front lever but not on footbrake. if its the preasure switch are they a standard size/fit if so what size is that ? many thanks in advance :thumbsup: have bridged the 2 pin conector from switch and brakelight came on so not wiring so guess that pesky switch will need replacing. if some-one could give me size or are they all standard :thumbsup:
2008 fz1n, 2001 650 raptor,
snapdragon

Re: rear brakelight not working

Post by snapdragon »

dunno - but I have the same and will have to sort mine for upcoming MoT too :?
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
kriss
On the Road

Post by kriss »

snapdragon wrote:55 years agodunno - but I have the same and will have to sort mine for upcoming MoT too :?
was told system might want bleeding so will bleed tomoz. ive found some size 10x1.25 so would that be 10mm diametre and 1.25 is thread pitch or am i just a thick so and so :thumbsup:
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

kriss wrote:55 years ago-/- so would that be 10mm diametre and 1.25 is thread pitch or am i just a thick so and so :thumbsup:
:lol: I still dunno :o

with a bit of luck someone who's clever will be along soon
SnappY
kriss
On the Road

Post by kriss »

snapdragon wrote:55 years ago
kriss wrote:55 years ago-/- so would that be 10mm diametre and 1.25 is thread pitch or am i just a thick so and so :thumbsup:
:lol: I still dunno :o

with a bit of luck someone who's clever will be along soon
think i may have found an easier solution and that is fit a normal switch. just plugged one in and works fine. will take hanger off tomoz drill and tap and shorten the spring i have to suit and hopefully jobs done. :thumbsup:
cagiva_girl
On the Road

Post by cagiva_girl »

I has a wire break off mine and replaced it with this one;

http://www.moto-racing.co.uk/item--HEL- ... witch.html

OH won the fight and fitted it the other week & MOT passed without problems :mrgreen:
so many roads to travel - so many ways to get lost!
kriss
On the Road

Post by kriss »

cagiva_girl wrote:55 years agoI has a wire break off mine and replaced it with this one;

http://www.moto-racing.co.uk/item--HEL- ... witch.html

OH won the fight and fitted it the other week & MOT passed without problems :mrgreen:
wicked stuff, can you remember what size you bought ? was it the 10 x1.0 or the 10 x 1.25 or other :thumbsup:
cagiva_girl
On the Road

Post by cagiva_girl »

Not sure on pitch thread - I have a brembo rear cylinder and this one was recommended by the workshop who gets the Raptor when I can't fix it.

As far as I'm aware the rear brake is the same on both 650 & 1000 - sorry probably not much help, but then I am a mere girl :?

I am constantly being nagged by a mate about my rear brake - usually "what do you need that for...." but hey it has more uses than the front :)
so many roads to travel - so many ways to get lost!
kriss
On the Road

Post by kriss »

cagiva_girl wrote:55 years agoNot sure on pitch thread - I have a brembo rear cylinder and this one was recommended by the workshop who gets the Raptor when I can't fix it.

As far as I'm aware the rear brake is the same on both 650 & 1000 - sorry probably not much help, but then I am a mere girl :?

I am constantly being nagged by a mate about my rear brake - usually "what do you need that for...." but hey it has more uses than the front :)
you have been more than helpfull and have sent message to place where you got yours from so hopefully will hear today. many thanks for all your help :thumbsup:
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

from another sales listing

"When using with Brembo master cylinders use '10 x 1.00mm Short' option.

-03 Copper crush washers are also required when fitting any 10 x 1mm or 10 x 1.25mm banjo bolts (x2 for single bolt, x3 for double bolt)"
SnappY
kriss
On the Road

Post by kriss »

snapdragon wrote:55 years agofrom another sales listing

"When using with Brembo master cylinders use '10 x 1.00mm Short' option.

-03 Copper crush washers are also required when fitting any 10 x 1mm or 10 x 1.25mm banjo bolts (x2 for single bolt, x3 for double bolt)"
your so good snap, thanks very much for your help :thumbsup:
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

If you go down to your friendly nut and bolt shop they will have a pitch gauge and will be able to check it for certain. A finer thread(smaller pitch) has less chance of coming undone.
kriss
On the Road

Post by kriss »

Aussiejoe wrote:55 years agoIf you go down to your friendly nut and bolt shop they will have a pitch gauge and will be able to check it for certain. A finer thread(smaller pitch) has less chance of coming undone.
many thanks aussiejoe, with the help of a couple of very nice members on this thread have now sorted and hopefully new one arriving today. 10 x 1.00 was the reply i needed and once again very big thanks to all who helped me out :thumbsup: