Shims to Raptor 1000 -04

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Fransson

Shims to Raptor 1000 -04

Post by Fransson »

Hi!
I will do a valve adjustment once on my raptor 1000 -04. Are there anyone who know where i can find the right shims?
Is it the same as any of Suzukis models?

Best regards Klas.
snapdragon

Re: Shims to Raptor 1000 -04

Post by snapdragon »

Welcome in Klas 8)

Often the same as TL 1000 items But I don't know.
I take mine to the experts for shims and other clever stuff, hopefully someone technical might be along soon to answer your question :)
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

It will be a 2 stage job if it is the first time you have done it.

Stage 1
Check all clearances
Remove cams, check and record shim sizes (shims are under buckets, so sizes are hidden).
Order any new shims.
Re-assemble bike

Stage 2
Strip bike and fit new shims.
Re-check all clearances.
Re-assemble bike.
152/999
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Suzy engine should be Suzy shims, surely?

I always give it to someone with greasy oily hands that work voodoo, for things like that!
Don't even say in the manual either, and I'm looking at it now, I'm nosey :suspect: .
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Check clearances first may all be in spec so no need to get carried away.
Bit of a Muppet
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

shedmonkey wrote:55 years agoCheck clearances first may all be in spec so no need to get carried away.
Nod nod :nod:
Mine's in for shims to be checked just now, as part of the major service. I'm expecting they may need to make a replacement or two but so far I've only had one changed in 11 years and a lotta miles.
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Fransson

Post by Fransson »

Thanks for the replies. I will not do the job. I have a friend who is good with motorcycles. My job would be to fix the right shims, if needed. I live in Sweden and I have not found a local mechanic shop that would take on my bike. They can not provide guarantees on the job because they are not authorized Cagiva dealer, they say.
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Fransson wrote:55 years agoThanks for the replies. I will not do the job. I have a friend who is good with motorcycles. My job would be to fix the right shims, if needed. I live in Sweden and I have not found a local mechanic shop that would take on my bike. They can not provide guarantees on the job because they are not authorized Cagiva dealer, they say.
You do not need a Cagiva dealer, it's a Suzuki engine. Are you asking for guarantees, or do they need to provide them in Sweden?
152/999