My Ride

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
ColleyV12
On the Road

My Ride

Post by ColleyV12 »

Went for a trip round the lochs today, great weather, still snowing in the highlands

This was taken at Killin, above lochearnhead

Red Mist
On the Road

Re: My Ride

Post by Red Mist »

Good stuff. We'll be heading towards Scotland in a couple of weeks. Hoping for warmer weather.
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Red Mist wrote:55 years agoGood stuff. We'll be heading towards Scotland in a couple of weeks. Hoping for warmer weather.
We will be following on in Mid-June, got a 2,000 mile route planned :D Have even got one night booked into a lighthouse for B&B
152/999
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Nice I must get up there more. :ride:
Bit of a Muppet
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

8) looks lovely - and the Raptor :D
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
ColleyV12
On the Road

Post by ColleyV12 »

Any one coming should give me a shout, be nice to meet you all.
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

The weekend approaches and so do the rain clouds. :x I keep watching the weather forecast but it doesn't get any better. We're off to Scotland for a weekend away with bikes and tents.

I had planned a route up through Nothumbria, then A68 to Edinburgh, then on to Inverness. Looking at the weather it may be better to save that for the return trip on Sunday and just plough up the M6 and on to Glasgie. We're planning to stop just off Loch Ness at Cannick, West of Drumnadrochit. Should be cosy in the tent after a day's ride in the rain. How much snow is there up there anyway? :cold:

I really want to go up to the North coast on Saturday. Never been that far before. Or maybe I'll just go the the nearest pub and down a few whiskies. We'll see. :ride:
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Red Mist wrote:55 years agothen A68 to Edinburgh, :

Enjoy the "roller coaster" it's just so easy to both wheels off the deck :evil:
152/999
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

1200 miles in 3 days and quite a bit of sunny weather made for a top trip to the North. We got to John O Groats before turning westward and riding the whole North coast and then back down through the mountains.

Can't wait to go again!

PS. I got slightly airborn coming back down the A68 but the bike remained resolutely on the deck. I may have more bottle (and a little less weight on the bike) next time. There's one or two mighty hills on that road. Also a lot of speed cameras. :(