Bike not running properly again.

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
Frankiesan
On the Road

Re: Bike not running properly again.

Post by Frankiesan »

Norrie, your story is like a documentary of what I've been going through for last month!!!

I cleaned both carbs out too, bike ran perfectly to and from work everyday for over a week. Went out on Sat, lots of standing traffic and filtering required. Anyway long story short, went round a steep downhill left hand turn at some lights, cracked the throttle and had the exact same problem again. :angry: :angry: :angry: :rant:

So after screming blue murder in my helment I pulled up to the cafe I was meeting my mate at... Had a brew and Bacon sarnie and a serious chill pill. Got back on the bike and set off to find a nice layby to wait for my mate to 'have some fun' rnd the sun loop.

Mysteriously the bike fixed it's self?!?!?!

This now leeds me to believe I have some electrical gremlins to address. Gonna start by tracing all wires and connectors and removing 'additional 3rd party wiring' Then replacing HT leeds and so on until it don't do it again. (I've only ever had 1 electrical failure of RPM guage and speedo throughout this whole thing so truely believed it wasn't that)

Ahh well ya live, learn and spend shit loads of money fixing bikes :-)