Busted clutch cable

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Boofhead
On the Road

Busted clutch cable

Post by Boofhead »

Hi everyone,
Went on a 250km ride with some mates today & then a few corners from home the clutch cable broke. :x
I know in the past I've gone on about hydaulic conversion, which I have most of the bits for. However I'm not quite ready to do it yet as I'm still chasing a carbon SV/DL1000 sprocket cover as I don't want to modify the standard one.
I'm going on a 600km overnight trip next weekend to a bike show & I need a quick fix.
So what I need to know do TL clutch cables fit or is there another cable I can use?
Your help would be grately appreciated once again. :D
Cheers from boofhead.
shedmonkey
APM

Re: Busted clutch cable

Post by shedmonkey »

There seems to be a suggestion that tl1000s fits but is slightly shorter than original. But venhill can supply the correct one so get on the phone today :)
Bit of a Muppet
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

TL1000 fits, (I'll have to search the forum for if it's S or R) and works fine, hard cover pipe is a sharper angle and you need to keep the little nylon nipple cover (ooermissis) at the lever end.
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

apparently Triumph Daytona fits too
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

I have phoned venhill today and they have told me they haven't kept the diagram for the clutch cable. Has anyone had one recently off them, if so can you put the part number up, or pm me your name and address so they can see what they sent you. I had one off them in 2008 but it has stretched so want a replacement so I can t send them mine as its still on the bike FFs.

Cheers
JakesS
On the Road

Post by JakesS »

I dont know if your uble to find a caple yet but I got stuck at work one day when mine snapped and went to the off road shop around the corner to find a replacement in order for me to go home. Only cable I could find was from a Honda TRX 450 quad it is slightly longer but works fine.
When in doubt...... FLAT OUT!!!