Pazzo Levers

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
Runs With Scissors
On the Road

Pazzo Levers

Post by Runs With Scissors »

Hello Folks,
Well, I bit the bullet and finally got the Pazzo levers for The Red Hoon 8)
Since I heard that the Raptor brake lever is the same as the Suzuki TL1000S I decided to make it so that the levers matched.
I did this by replacing the Raptor clutch perch with one from a TL1000S.
Simple?
Well....kinda :nod:
What isn't told, and must be said, is that it is close to a straight swap.
The main differences are;
1) The clutch cable nipple at the lever end is smaller on the TL than the Rap.
2) The Cable outer at the lever end is larger on the Rap than the TLS.
:angry:
So, the remedy?
1) Lucky for us/me the Rap cable has a nylon 'bush' around the 'nipple'. Remove this and it fits into the TLS lever.
2) Using a drill press, the outer end of the TLS cable adjuster can be enlarged to a shade over 9mm (about 9.2mm) and hey presto the Rappy outer fits in there nicely.

On the upside, the square connector for the clutch switch fits straight into the one on the TLS perch.
It looks much neater that the original setup too..... nice!

All up the whole process took no more than 25 minutes, and I do stuff like this slooooowly (I like to get it right first time).

Some of you may notice that the new clutch perch has no place to install a mirror.
I use bar-end mirrors so it isn't an issue for me (actually a bonus), but you can get simple bar clamps on ebay that are designed to allow use of 'normal' mirrors, so that's an easy fix.... if you want to keep the Mickey Mouse ears :sick:
Also, the distance between the lever and the adjuster is shorter on the TLS (maybe 10mm) , so it took a little adjusting at the clutch end to make it so that the ajuster at the lever was not wound all of the way out. :|

Here are some pics.

If you aren't living on the edge you are taking up too much room.
Fausto
On the Road

Re: Pazzo Levers

Post by Fausto »

Good looking levers and a tidy solution to get it to fit.. Well done fella.

Still can't get over how bloody clean that bike is. I know you've had it a while and conditions are kinder down there but how many miles has it done ?
Runs With Scissors
On the Road

Post by Runs With Scissors »

Thanks Fausto,
It's just on 9 years since I bought the Raptor new (31/01/2002) and in that time it has only covered 32,000 miles.
Since I no longer use the bike as a 'daily driver' it has been a lot easier to keep tidy :)
The main enemy at the moment are the freakin' huge locusts that abound around here at the moment.
The bike, and rider, come back from a quick run looking like a road grime omlette. Takes ages to wash off the goop and pick the legs and wings out of the radiator. :yuck:
In a few weeks the locusts will be replaced by masses of Bogong moths as they migrate across the country. :angry:

Cop ya later,
If you aren't living on the edge you are taking up too much room.
Carlos Ferreira
On the Road

Post by Carlos Ferreira »

Hey.

I have just like yours (red one, beatifull :ride: ).
The only thing I think I need to change is some bar end mirrors, just like yours (I see more my jacket sleeves than what is happening behind me with my standard mirrors...).
So, the question for the 50000€ is: does it really improve the rear view having the bar end mirrors? Also, those levers seem cool!!!
:thumbsup:

I'll be looking forward for your replies...

Carlos Ferreira
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Nice
Bit of a Muppet