yoshi adaptor

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
yeah!
On the Road

yoshi adaptor

Post by yeah! »

Howdi!!! A couple of things... Any ideas on sourcing a yoshi adaptor as this will let dyno guys over here in western australia sort out my fuelling issues...a light throttle causes lot's of flat spots and holes around and under 5 grand . Serco is the importer and said they don't know if theyn can get it but if they can then it will take a minimum of a month...price unknown as yet.
..also...on a front suspension parts diagram, the Xtra Raptor adjustable preload parts list looks like a straight screw in to the standard raptor front fork threaded bolt, with the new fork caps...any ideas if this is the case??

Thanks guys and gals for all the interesting takes on so many interesting issues!!!!!!!!!....philip in perth, W.A.
weirdo
On the Road

Re: yoshi adaptor

Post by weirdo »

Hi Phillip, welcome to the Raptor Chapter :thumbsup:

If you're struggling to get a yoshi adaptor, is it worth considering a Power Commander instead? They do the same thing, and if you need to revert to standard for any reason you just unplug it rather than de-tuning again via the yoshi box.

For the holes and flat spots, just try unplugging the square 2-prong plug that hangs underneath your clutch lever (after you've started her, or it won't go) and see how it goes. A lot of us suffer the "3 thou' glitch", and this certainly makes a difference to mine, but it doesn't completely cure it (I also have a PC fitted).

Don't know about the Xtra fork tops i'm afraid, but what you say sounds about right.

Tell us some more about you and your bike dude!
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

welcome in :D

I'd have thought the plug/socket thing (you can tell how technical I am -- not) was a standard part
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Welcome in. Good luck with the forks .If all the other part numbers match then i suppose it has to work. Can you buy all the extra internals at reasonable price?

If so would be good to know :ride:
Bit of a Muppet
yeah!
On the Road

Post by yeah! »

Hi guys. I've tried all the tips on this forum...the disconnection of the clutch switch trick, fitting a home made tre...opening up the inlet tubes a bit...new plugs ... all has helped a bit each but the poor fuelling remains. A yoshi tune means I keep my space behind the battery for tools so that's my preferred route but a PC111 is a last resort.
Yesterday's dyno curve is lovely and smooth with no indication of an issue. I raised my doubts with his chart and after the dyno guy took my bike for a run he agreed with me that there is quite a problem around 4/5000 on a light throttle. He said that he'd the same problem tuning TL'S and would take the yoshi tuning box with him on the bike and tweak it on the fly...and that's what he'd do with mine if I had an adaptor.

My local cagiva dealer doesn't want to know about my bike-too hard. He can't even get me a replacement footpeg...

OEMMOTORPARTS.com website has the microfiche front suspension breakdown showing the parts but the numbers aren't clear. The prices are clear however and it won't be cheap. I really like the look of the stock front forks and would like adjustable internals with correct damping and if I get a suspension guru to set the correct damping, that won't be cheap either....maybe I'm being cheap but I'm wary of overspending early on -I've had it 6 weeks. It was a dream bike when it came out but too dear for me but now it's all mine and I'd like to make smart improvements. I've set the sag but with the non adjustable front being 11mm, the back had to to toughen up and even though it tracks well at low speed now, the poor damping allows a hinged higher speed feel. Ah....how far to go...how much to spend on the sus - spension.

Happy days playing with your bikes!!!!!!!! See ya guys...philip
bertie
On the Road

Post by bertie »

nice to see another west aussie on here!

I'm assuming Rick Gills wont help?? When i used to own my Mito i used to just get eveything from th UK.
It was quicker and cheaper.

With the aussie dollar high atm, can you get the adaptor from the states??

Who is doing your dyno work?? Russel Speak?
2001 Raptor 650
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

yeah! wrote:55 years ago-/-
Yesterday's dyno curve is lovely and smooth with no indication of an issue. I raised my doubts with his chart and after the dyno guy took my bike for a run he agreed with me that there is quite a problem around 4/5000 on a light throttle. He said that he'd the same problem tuning TL'S and would take the yoshi tuning box with him on the bike and tweak it on the fly...and that's what he'd do with mine if I had an adaptor.
-/-
Yup this is what Raptordoc used to do

this any use to you?

http://www.mototechdiagnostics.com.au/tuning.php
SnappY
yeah!
On the Road

Post by yeah! »

Hi Bertie. rick gills service guy said they've got no technical info on my bike and don't want to do it. I went to witch suzuki in rockingham for the dyno as they said the'd done TL's before. Russel Speak can instal / tune a PC111 but I hope to save the underseat space. Russel can change my front damping so I want to have exhausted all of my cheaper tuning/suspension options before dropping my bike at Russels.
I'd love a second hand set of adjustable internals that drop in to my forks and give rebound / damping options so I'm still searching.....
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Buy an early set of Yam R1 forks and they slot right in! Can pick them up pretty cheap and fully adjustable and work great!
nil illigitimae carborundum
bertie
On the Road

Post by bertie »

Phil,
I'm having front suspension dramas too right now. after putting new seals, in it is getting worse under brakes with a vibration (most likely head stem) and i've got way too much static sag (maybe 40mm!).
Plus i got sent the lowering kit triangles not the raiser kit. :(

I did a big seach into the yam fork internals here but its still a bit light on details.
Buying 2nd hand from the US would be good but its important to get the 43mm forks '02 iirc (check year). or else it wont work.
If u slot the internals u go straight to full compression damping which may be quite harsh.
If you keep the whole r1 forks and brakes and make up some spacers you keep the damping adjustment.
Might be a plan i think.
2001 Raptor 650
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

My R1 forks are from a 2000 and have the yam brakes, rap yokes and wheel, a bit of spacer work is all that is needed on the spindle.

Think anything from 1998 to 2001/2 should fit but stand to be corrected.

The blue spot Yam brakes are another improvement as well as the full adjustability of the forks.
nil illigitimae carborundum
yeah!
On the Road

Re: yoshi adaptor / front suspension

Post by yeah! »

Hello...re the mototech suzuki tuning kit.. thanks for the adapter tip..I'm trying to order just the adapter as the entire tuning unit is about $660 bucks delivered. BUT... it would be a fantastic tuning tool..although I'd still have to - probably - put it on a dyno..
Bertie/Crap Tartan...thanks for the tips...I'll look into R1 prices and on other threads, some guys mentioned using K1 internals or entire forks..can't remember but those tips weren't suzuki model specific. I'll go back over those threads...... yeah!
yeah!
On the Road

Post by yeah! »

howdi!!!!!!

mototechdiagnostics.com.au Queensland company, australia. Very helpful and an adapter is about $45 ( aussie ) then postage. Get it whilst you can guys.....

I've been to a couple of perth wreckers but they'll only sell a complete TL wiring loom. I was hoping to buy just the external suzuki socket and rewire it onto my socket wiring.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

glad the mototechdiagnostics link was useful
:thumbsup:

By the way, the wiring from the Yoshi goes (did I already mention this?)

from the SUZUKI socket (four and four)
brown,.white,.red,.'empty'
black,.yellow,.green,.blue

to the CAGIVA adapter (five and five)
blue,.yellow,.green,.brown,.white
empty,.empty,.empty, black,.red
SnappY
yeah!
On the Road

Post by yeah! »

No you didn't and thanks a lot for mentioning it! I got my $55 yoshi adapter and a $400 suzi fuel injection tuning kit. I've been playing with it for a month or so, every weekend and I think I've go rid of the 5000 light throttle hole and the rest of the rev range feels pretty good to but I'm still feeling my way as - as with a PC111 - the combinations are large and interconnected.... I'm really enjoying the playing without the need for a dyno -yet or maybe not at all, which is my goal as this saves me a heap. The total cost for the suzi tuning kit and adapter is about $470 aussie as against $390 for a PC111.
AND....I've got my spot for a tool kit!!!!!!!! YAHOO!!!!!!!!!
.....see you guys..