My first post - Hello!

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
Abarth
On the Road

My first post - Hello!

Post by Abarth »

Hi All, first post here after having bought an Xtra VRaptor this weekend. I think the sale may have been referred to in another post, as it was owned by a member here.
Looking forward to getting to know people and contribute. Currently living in Kent/london. I have had a variety of bikes, usually quirky, including a TRX 850 (a great underated bike) RSVMille, Ducati SS, Buell 1125R amongst others. Just sold a 955i Daytona to buy the Raptor (apologies, i just dont buy into that 'best road engine' triumph triple routine). I have always really liked the raptor, but never even knew of the 'Xtra' version, and on an 05 plate too. Was looking for something unusual and exotic, saw this and am sold on it. I loved my 1125r, but felt it would either kill me or explode trying! Too extreme for me, and it sounded like it was about to detonate. However, the Raptor has all the quirkiness and rarity, with a proven motor and plenty of accessible performance (i am a very conservative rider, nothing heroic). I have a GSR600 for general riding, the Raptor will be kept for those sunny rideouts and I really think it will be a keeper!

Cheers
Antony
Miz
On the Road

Re: My first post - Hello!

Post by Miz »

Welcome in, I'm sure you'll enjoy the Xtra.
152/999
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Glad you made it in here Antony!!

I am jealous as fekk as have always wanted an xtra!

I too am ex Buell (XB12R) and I got rid before it imploded....................... 8) :wink: :thumbsup:

Still have quite a few mates on UKBEG.

So when we whetting the xtra`s head then................................. :drunk:
nil illigitimae carborundum
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

I always wanted an xtra too! Never available when I had the cash for one :(

Nice to see its gone to someone who will take pride in it :thumbsup:

Welcome in to the loony bin :D
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Welcome anthony (sorry Antony)

Ive always liked the look of the Trx you will love the raptor.
Last edited by shedmonkey on |February 26th, 2013|, 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bit of a Muppet
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Welcome in Abarth - lovely list of bikes there, the latest being the best of course :nod: Enjoy :revrev:

Good to hear that Araf has sent the Xtra to a good new home :thumbsup:

:drunk: as it's just lunchtime I think just a small sherry for me please
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Abarth
On the Road

Post by Abarth »

Dear All

Thanks for the kind words, looking forward to getting involved! I think i am going to get on well with the 'X'. Of course I broke all the rules when buying it, viewed it at night, didnt ride it etc! However instinct told me that Araf was a decent guy and the bike looks/sounds in very good shape, so went ahead!
Just need to give it a good detailing to make it perfect, otherwise happy as can be. Already picked up a bellypan from an sv1000, just need to sort some brackets out. Was thinking about fabbing them from some alloy bar; anyone got any ideas on shape/best approach etc? Can pick this up in a tech thread, but as it came up anyhow......

Cheers
Antony
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Hi Antony.

Must be great having a shed full of bikes. It would be good to hear how the Rappy compares with some of them. Yeah, loads of people do go on about Triumph Triples being great road engines, but the Raptor rarely leaves me wanting for more. The gearchange is a lot nicer than a Triumph's as well!

But all in all, we just like bikes here, whatever they are. We've all had a few. Speaking of having a few, I'll be happy to join you for a pint, ta.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

I've got an sv1000 bellypan on mine. I've taken photos on here before for cagiva girl I think when she needed bracket dimensions.

I'm working on it at the weekend, so will take some more photos etc if you want, give you an idea of what they look like.
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Araf
On the Road

Post by Araf »

Just looked in, and glad you found this friendly bunch, Antony. I'm sure they will look after you. 8)

From the look of your Suzuki, I knew that the Xtra would need a lot more cleaning that I ever gave it.

Safe riding. :)
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Good to see you've not disappeared Araf :)
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Abarth
On the Road

Post by Abarth »

Hi Dizzyblonde. Pics of your BP setup would be great and give me a clue as to the easiest arrangement. I'm not one for re-inventing the wheel when there's already a perfectly good round one already there!!!
Cheers Araf, i'll post up some pics when I've finished giving it the once over, not that it's untidy as it sits, just that I like to get them really nice'n shiney!! I feel very welcomed here already, as you said.
Cheers
Ant
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Abarth wrote:55 years agojust that I like to get them really nice'n shiney!!
Cheers
Ant

Looks like sales of Optiglanz will be rocketing this year!!
152/999
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Welcome to the asylum! :ride:
Twisted Tequila Sister
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

Hello mate, welcome to the Raptor Chapter.

Sure is one lovely beastie you've got there :thumbsup: . Araf obviously treated her well!
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!