Headlight replacement

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
RaptorJo
On the Road

Headlight replacement

Post by RaptorJo »

My headlight is starting to get a bit dodgy ie glass looks like its moving about. Is there a direct swap I can do? I like a nice and easy job lol. Had a problem with the headlight connection so had a look and ended up with little wire things pinging off everywhere, nightmare for me to get it back together, so I am hoping to get summat sorted before the whole thing drops out lol

Bugger......I've put it in the wrong bit, could a mod move it please :D
shedmonkey
APM

Re: Headlight replacement

Post by shedmonkey »

Im confusellled now .Is it a vrap if so you will struggle i would think. can you explain what is moving or maybe some pictures?
Bit of a Muppet
RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

yeah i can be more descriptive lol.

it is a naked not a vraptor. I am rambling on about the round headlight unit, in my wisdom I thought I would try and adjust the glass bowl bit that sits within the chrome surround. This is held in by 3 prongy bits of wire one of which pinged over the other side of the shed and took me 20mins to bloody find it. I have managed to get the glass back into the chrome surround but its not sitting correctly but i daren't mess anymore as the pingy bits are old and tempremental.
So I am after a replacement healight bowl that will fit into the plastic holder on the naked raptor.

Hope I have made a bit more sense this time lol
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEADLIGHT-W-C ... 2c55993ebf

try these. you shouldnt need a new headlight assuming it was the correct one in the first place .Have you got the clips the right way round?
Bit of a Muppet
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

The glass on mine is "fixed" in position with black tape to stop it moving round, put on carefully it just looks like a black trim. HTH :woot:
Twisted Tequila Sister
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

I replaced the glass in mine when it got shot, with a basic 7" round, had to remove the new from it's rim so it was never a good fit. I'd go with duct tape.
Or clear Silicone sealant?

failed to move the topic (I'll look again later)
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

Fab thanks for that, theyre the little ba5tards lol
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

There are normally a couple of locating lugs on the glass so that it fits into the rim the correct way, if you have missed these that could cause it to sit "wonky" and make the clips harder to fit.
152/999