V raptor tuning

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
Cideredup
On the Road

V raptor tuning

Post by Cideredup »

Hi all
Just bought a v raptor and am getting used to it but so far so good.
Have a question between both throttle bodies here is a open piece of air trunking from both sides which leads into the air box.
The bike has been fitted with Remus exhausts and a power commander which was dyno,d and runs very nicely.
Should there be end caps or even ram air type pipes on the end of these open ends?
Would they have been removed by the tuners as part of the setting up or have they been misplaced, and I need to buy replacements?
Also where do I buy genuine parts from not Many dealers anywhere it seems?

Last one, what are the choices of belly pan, and where from?

Thanks very much

Gareth
snapdragon

Re: V raptor tuning

Post by snapdragon »

aaahhh yes :? the 'inside' :shock: hmmm

err nope I never look in there

butbut are the 'snorkels' (rubber pods) still fitted to yours - in the frame triangle under either side of the tank ?
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Cideredup
On the Road

Post by Cideredup »

Hi thanks for that
Not sure what you mean, there is a open peice of trunking on both sides, leads into the air filter housing.
Can't see any snorkels, why do they look like/ do?
These two openings look like they should have either caps on them or maybe a forward facing pipe??
Any ideas?
Thanks
Gareth
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

they are a rubber 'nose' that is - yes - forward facing! and no doubt should fit onto those openings.

I know many have removed them when power commanders are fitted believing the engine will breathe better (I have no idea whether or not this is indeed the case as I had a power commander on mine for a whole fortnight and then removed it - luckily it was on loan)

Back in the mists of time some owners fitted gold mesh into the frame to cover the gap (and to avoid sucking in infants from their mothers' arms)

Sorry you have to keep waiting for me to allow posts - it's because you haven't yet introduced yourself in the virtual bar (where new members traditionally start)
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

Hello mate, welcome.
If you can see open trunking on both sides it means someone has removed the snorkels (forward facing rubber ducts which don't really do anything). Don't worry about it, it won't hurt your beastie.

Any suzuki TL based bellypan will fit, a firm favourite is from the SV1000.
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Hi and welcome... If you do a search for snorkel here you will find all sorts of info, also might be worth loking at
http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtop ... kel#p16650
Hth

Sheb
Twisted Tequila Sister
Cideredup
On the Road

Post by Cideredup »

Hi Thanks very much for that, explains my issue.
appreciate your help
Gareth
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Hallo and welcome!

It sounds like you're talking about the "snorkel mod", that's referred to above, but I did see the rubber booties on fleabay the other day, should you be mad keen to return your bike to stock: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161009794942? ... 26_rdc%3D1.

The only belly pan I've seen recently was on the TrendItaly website: http://www.trenditaly.it/belly-pan-cagi ... -7053.html.

Enjoy! :ride:
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.