Nice day for a bimble

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Nice day for a bimble

Post by dizzyblonde »

I'm glad I got chance to go out last week in the scorching :sun: , twas a lovely day for a bimble with my mate, this week all the roads are blocked and the only view you get is firemen beating fire on the moors! Thoroughly enjoying the VRap, and I've fixed the radiator leak too :mrgreen:
Although I need to get practise of hairpins a bit, not quite an SV, and as I'm out of practise, left hand, downward ones aren't my cuppa tea :(

BabyDizz has exquisite taste in bikes BTW :thumbsup:

Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
snapdragon

Re: Nice day for a bimble

Post by snapdragon »

:mrgreen: aww 'ello babydizz, nice taste in bikes for a young'un
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Would I be right in thinking those shots were taken on the road from Colne to Hebden Bridge?
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Indeedy :thumbsup:
This was just below, Cold something activity centre, before the wibbly wobbly bit over that cattle grid in the picture......well before Widdop.

Well spotted...you come down ere often??
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

dizzyblonde wrote:55 years agoIndeedy :thumbsup:
This was just below, Cold something activity centre, before the wibbly wobbly bit over that cattle grid in the picture......well before Widdop.

Well spotted...you come down ere often??
I live a few miles from the Lancastrian end of the road. I used to go down there a lot to Hebden Bridge when Rod Gibson lived there. More recently, I used to go down to Big D's in Tod a bit.

The first time I went on that road (settle back, this could take some time) was in thick fog. I'd only recently moved to the area and was at a bike do at the Top Shoulder. I was a bit the worse for drink and what have you when the realsation hit me that I was in the middle of a muddy field with no tent and that I wanted to go home to bed. I didn't want to go back through Burnley though. A friend told be about a back road in to Colne.

Which is how I came to be crawling along this road in the middle of the night on my old Commando. I couldn't see both sides of the road at once, it was that bad (and it's only a narrow road). As I approached the hill that you had just ridden down in your photo, it was near vertical and very twisty. It just looked like there was a wall in front of me. It just seemed to go up vertical, and I couldn't see where to.

Anyway, I did get home. I went back the next day to see where I'd been. Hellfire, you've seen the drops at the side of the road :shock: . I used to be a very silly person in my youth. :roll: Mind you, I've got the scars to prove it.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Love it!!! A price to pay for riding home a bit worse for wear :haha:
As for that drop......errr I made a point of not looking, but theres lots of big boulders there now, wonder how many have fallen down it :ouch:
The double hairpin nearer WIddop was the worst bit, if I'd have gone up it, instead of down it, I'd have probably taken it in my stride, why does it have to be so steep on the way down! :snooty:
I wouldn't do that road if there was even a hint of drizzle, its like being stuck up Saddleworth in the same, can't see for toffee, when everywhere else its sunny! Nor would I like to get caught out with a sold light on the fuel, as I thought I did last week. Thankfully the sun was reflecting on the dash....gave me a right fright :blush:
Cideredup
On the Road

Post by Cideredup »

Hi Dizzy
sorry for the question, but regarding the V rap with JNR on, where did you get the belly pan from, and was it painted etc?
Thanks
Gareth
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Hello Cider,

The bellypan is from an SV1000. It came on the bike when I bought it from the dealers. I 'think' it may have been painted to match, as there are blue scratches on it iirc.

They fit the raptor very well. If you find one with the brackets. If you find just the pan, 'I think' Weirdo or CagivaGirl may still have templates for it.

PS Jnr.....is 3 yrs old today :thumbsup: