Been caught speeding. Allegedly!

Chat about anything
VRaptorMark
On the Road

Re: Been caught speeding. Allegedly!

Post by VRaptorMark »

Red Mist wrote:55 years agoSpeaking of speeding, I've just had a letter through from the North Yorks constabulary to say that I've been nicked. Grollocks!!! :x

73mph in a 60 limit. I saw the van but not as quick as he saw me. When I checked my speedo I was only doing about 65mph. I was following anotrher bike who saw the van before me. In fact, he was between me and the van which is possibly why I didn't see it so quickly.

Anyway, looks like I've been done bang to rights guv'nor and all that. I'll have to see if they will allow me to do a speed awareness course. Could have really done without this. Ho hum...
Did he get you from the front or back? Was there other vehicles in-between you and it?
Better to burn out than just fade away!!
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Did he get you from the front or back? Was there other vehicles in-between you and it?[/quote]

I was following another bike who was following some other cars. I can't really contest this as I know that I was going over the limit. As I say, I checked my speedo and I was doing about 65, but had probably slowed down a bit from where I was first clocked. I've yet to speak with the other blokes that I was riding with to see if anybody else got done.

It was annoying as it wasn't exactly a mad ride out. Quite steady compared to how I normally ride. The stretch of road was the one where you are approaching Sutton Bank from Helmsley. If you've been on there you will know that it is a fairly straightish and wide road. 120 mph on there would probably seem quite relaxed. I think that's why they will have had their camera there. Nothing to do with it being an accident blackspot, just somewhere where it is easy to stray over the limit.
VRaptorMark
On the Road

Post by VRaptorMark »

Red Mist wrote:55 years agoDid he get you from the front or back? Was there other vehicles in-between you and it?
I was following another bike who was following some other cars. I can't really contest this as I know that I was going over the limit. As I say, I checked my speedo and I was doing about 65, but had probably slowed down a bit from where I was first clocked. I've yet to speak with the other blokes that I was riding with to see if anybody else got done.

It was annoying as it wasn't exactly a mad ride out. Quite steady compared to how I normally ride. The stretch of road was the one where you are approaching Sutton Bank from Helmsley. If you've been on there you will know that it is a fairly straightish and wide road. 120 mph on there would probably seem quite relaxed. I think that's why they will have had their camera there. Nothing to do with it being an accident blackspot, just somewhere where it is easy to stray over the limit.[/quote]

So you was heading towards the camera behind other bikes and cars?? Is that right??
If so how do they know its you??
Have they provided a picture??
Have you got standard gearing on your bike??
All speado's over read by up to 11%..
Its worth checking out.
VRaptorMark
On the Road

Post by VRaptorMark »

Been looking at this tracker info again and the place where the cop said he noticed a motorcycle accelerate quickly he was already doing 72mph in a 40 zone and from the place where he was on a side road to the place he "noticed" me should of taken him 1 minute at normal speeds not the 24 seconds it took him. Wonder why he was speeding at this point or what he was doing?? Oh yeah I know he turned off before waiting before trying to catch up with me to stitch me up!! Gonna speak to my lawyer first thing tomorrow and insist he speaks with the CPS about this lying copper. :angry:
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Perverting the course of justice, by the sounds of things. Either the CPS or his sergeant should be all over this. Where's Esther Rantzen, these days?

I've recently been lamenting the Oz cops, who get a lot of respect, but deserve none, in comparison to my memory of Blighty (where I only ever got 1 speeding ticket in many years of trying to do the right time, right place thing). Unfortunately it sounds like the the standards of your average British bobby are slipping to the level that we're experiencing in the colonies. :( :rant:
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Don't think they've slipped; they've always been pretty low. I think that basically the police just treat the magistrates as a load of gullible mugs and if they say that the motorcyclist was a very bad person, the magistrates swallow it hook, line, and sinker.

This seems to be another example of a copper expecting to just be able to say to the magistrate, "The motorcycle was speeding dangerously" and the magistrate saying, "yes, I expect he was". No real proof needed. ...Or any real proof completely ignored if it doesn't fit the preconception.
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Some magistrates ride bikes i met one in the lakes in the summer on his nice shiny new ktm and he seemed a decent bloke and he lives in the lincolnshire area .
I dont think that all cops are bad but unfortunately one bad one is one too many.
Bit of a Muppet
Jayjayridge
On the Road

Post by Jayjayridge »

uk police.........

just my opinion but i see them as the largest best equiped gang in the uk.

great at collecting taxes from drivers

no where to be seen when people are getting burgled.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Stumbled on this while looking for other stuff today, sad to see.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... archy.html
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
VRaptorMark
On the Road

Post by VRaptorMark »

1 of my oldest mates is a copper in Cornwall and I would put my life in his hands, that said I have now lost faith in the police. This bloke is just plain lying.

Can't believe I am saying this but I am in court tomorrow at 1000hrs in Leicester to plead NOT GUILTY to speeding. My lawyer is livid. Not as livid as me though and not as livid as the 1800 pound coins leaving my account to his!!

My witnesses are attending in full Army combat 95 gear complete with Regimental Police armlet's.

My suit is clean and smart even had a hair cut and will have a shave in the morning. Not gonna be a day I enjoy me thinks! :( :angry: :shock: :o :angry: :angry: