Missing bolt/ Oil Leak?

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
snapdragon

Re: Missing bolt/ Oil Leak?

Post by snapdragon »

Countedcat wrote:55 years agoRunning an Izumi replacement. The original one apparently snapped at 6750 miles.
Yes, they do that.

:(

I'd go for a DID , seems to match well (I've had a few * due to quite a few mileage and years)

edit:
just spotted the chain's got less than 2k and is stretching? flippin 'eck - ah but may have been put on original sprockets ?
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Countedcat
On the Road

Post by Countedcat »

Good to know, will look at a replacement as it does seem to be stretching.
Countedcat
On the Road

Post by Countedcat »

snapdragon wrote:55 years ago
Countedcat wrote:55 years agoRunning an Izumi replacement. The original one apparently snapped at 6750 miles.
Yes, they do that.

:(

I'd go for a DID , seems to match well (I've had a few * due to quite a few mileage and years)

edit:
just spotted the chain's got less than 2k and is stretching? flippin 'eck - ah but may have been put on original sprockets ?
Quite likely running on original sprockets as the bills only show a new chain and this was back in 2007.

:-?

Will check out DID and sprockets. My list of pre winter bike DIY is growing.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

[/quote]Will check out DID and sprockets. My list of pre winter bike DIY is growing.[/quote]

If you want that chain & sprockets to last "for ever", then add a Scottoiler to that list - dead cheap on fleabay!
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
Countedcat
On the Road

Post by Countedcat »

Had a Scotty on my Blackbird, didn't actually occur to me to go for it on the V Raptor, will have a looky Lou for one cheers
Countedcat
On the Road

Post by Countedcat »

Having adjusted the chain and made sure everything was tightened up properly and correctly aligned the chain has actually held it's shape for the last 500 miles, possible that the idiots at the last garage it went to failed to adjust the chain tension correctly when putting the wheel back on.

In any case all good now.

Cheers for the advice all.