Raptor wont start. No fuel.

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
JakesS
On the Road

Raptor wont start. No fuel.

Post by JakesS »

Hi everyone.

I developed some sort of electrical glitch thats stopping the rap from running.

Had an issue with the TPS awhile back and got a replacement from Suzuki dealer bike was running fine and stopped running in the same way as it did before replacing the TPS and did same tests as before and found that the TPS is still working fine.

The motor turns over but wont start as there is no fuel being injected. The injectors spray ONE burst when pressing the start button but nothing further than that. The engine sparks the plugs spark but with no fuel well its not going to run.
uu
There is no FI error on the display the TPS is in the right position after putting in dealer mode gives -c00 so thats fine. Replaced the batery and everything is 100% there. Checked the fuel pump and everything is fine there is enough pressure. Checked clutch switch and no issues there. Sidestand switch is working but bike wont start no matter if its up or out. Got the injectors tested and they work fine no issues.

Anyone ever experienced anything like this? Ive gone through every post I could search regarding anything like this but cant find anything.

Thanks in advance.
When in doubt...... FLAT OUT!!!
Miz
On the Road

Re: Raptor wont start. No fuel.

Post by Miz »

Only taking a guess, but there is a sensor that detects if the bike is on its side and stops the fuel. Maybe that has been disturbed during your other work.
152/999
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

yup, think its up just behind the headstock somewhere from the dim and distant memory???
nil illigitimae carborundum
JakesS
On the Road

Post by JakesS »

ill check it and get back to you guys

thanx
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

do you hear the fuel pump running when you turn the ignition on? there is a fuse just for the fuel pump under the seat with the fuel pump relay might be worth checking. Have you checked the clutch and sidestand switches with a meter? Good luck
Bit of a Muppet
JakesS
On the Road

Post by JakesS »

The raptor is running again! went through the wiring and found the red-orange wire was off between the diagnostic plug and the ecu so the tps aps and iaps was not working.

Now got to put everything back together......

Thanx for everyones input. the idea to check the tilt over sensor connects to al the sensonrs the works with the fuel injection with a black-brown wire and that lead me to check if there is another connection between then and that let me check the red-orange wire and well prop solved. so again thanx guys next round is on me!