Rough Idle and in lower rpm

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Miz
On the Road

Re: Rough Idle and in lower rpm

Post by Miz »

RaptorJo wrote:55 years agoThanks Miz, already tried that
All I can suggest now, is book your pitch for the Buell weekend, there will be plenty of both spares and advice on hand for the whole of the weekend :lol:
152/999
RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

Wish I could,off to Cornwall that week.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

^^^^ big plus one....also my mate with the walking stick carries so many useful tools, he could build a bike, between the lot of us, we'd have it fixed!

Sorry its being a pain. I'd be inclined to start again, begin at the routine inspections and work through. But I don't know nowt :?
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

with all the 'usuals' checked and double checked, have you poked about checking wires and cleaning and re-fitting connectors at all? I had one that slipped many moons ago and caused a hiccup
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

I agree with snap i had a ecu plug sealing ring split, and water got into the connector which caused the tip over sensor to stay seen by the ecu (it would cut out over speed bumps and not restart) so look for water and bad connections. Have you looked at the vacuum pipes?. Does the problem get worse when wet or on rough roads or when its hot? Is the side stand switch ok? questions questions i bet when you find it it will be something simple.
Bit of a Muppet
RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

I have checked things as best I can (torch,peering and poking) I have not dared take the air box off yet lol. Been out today and when it got upto temp it ran fine, even though it was wet, but I only did 15mile. I am thinking I might have a lovey intermittent problem, so I will stop harping on and try and get a grip With it lol. Will post if I actually identify anything.

Thanks again for everyone's input :D
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

You really need to get that airbox off and check all the rubber hoses that connect to your throttle bodies.

It's honestly really easy....putting it back on however needs a bit of a firm hand. Ball of string through the tank bolt holes fasten it back to the grab rail, away you go. The most infuriating thing on a raptor is no tank prop!

Take your time, be methodical, you'll get to the bottom of it.

On an aside, have you checked the overflow isn't blocked in the fuel tank...no water sloshing round in the fuel is there? Can be an issue with lumpiness if its running a little low on fuel and there's water in there too.
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

dizzyblonde wrote:55 years ago The most infuriating thing on a raptor is no tank prop!
There is one Dizz, but it's actually part of the toolkit.

...Err, no, I don't know if it's any good. I never used mine :roll: I have a piece of wood bound with rags at either end (like a big Prince Charles Q-tip) that I use as a prop.
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

Yes I am lucky too, I have a prop :D
Been out on it today and I think it's ok. After all the trouble sorting the coil i think i may have just been looking for something. Messing about in the shed with the revs and thought I had a problem when really having thought about it I think it's just the 3000rpm glitch before 81degrees which for the past 6yrs I haven't bothered about, but because I was paranoid I've noticed it.
So hopefully putting this to bed now and sticking with the fact it was a knackered coil

:thumbsup:
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

shedmonkey wrote:55 years agoThe tre signal is quite important and definately could be the problem as the bike needs to see it but doesnt matter too much which way the signal is as long as its getting one. I had a coil go ages ago but it did show an error(but i suppose it might not in all cases) and as for the vacuum hoses they could make a big difference aswell because you could be leaking air into one or both throttle bodies.I agree with the others on throttle body ballance it would come on gradually and be consistent. If you download the suzi manual it gives lots of info on checking out the various sensors on the bike, and checking fuel flow rates and pressures etc. If you lived a bit closer i would happilly have a look for you.
Has anyone fitted sv coils ? Also the tl engine is well known for the drainage holes to get blocked, you can see them at the sides of the engine case. If they get blocket water can accumulate around the plugs causing problems, also be careful when changing plugs that the accumulated dirt doesn't go into the head when you remove the plug , i always blow the top out with some compressed air before pulling plug right out.