silencer gaskets

Chat about anything
ozzy
On the Road

silencer gaskets

Post by ozzy »

anyone know where to get silencer gaskets for original end cans. MOT so and with the VOSA crackdowns my akros wont pass.
does anyone know of a generic gasket. its the one between pipe and silencer, quite chunky.
snapdragon

Re: silencer gaskets

Post by snapdragon »

Suzuki seals/gaskets will do it
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

unless theres different tl1000 silencers, the ones i seen are a snugger fit to pipes . raptor has a thick gasket spacer to fit space between two.
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

thats the kit for tl000. totally different. and bolt on. raptor is chunky fibre type, no 21 below, and big tightening clip around silencer

ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

have found it, older tl1000s silencers were clamp type. also gasket is same as one that seals header rear pipe to rest of pipe work. good ol ebay
thankyou
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

that's it, :happyhappy: the broad silvery ones are a tad shallower than the Cagiva items, but still fit and do the job
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Hmm, interesting, my memory ain't too flash but I definitely don't remember any gasket when I swapped my cans over. But I kept the old cans in case I need to pass a roadworthy, and poking around in them today produced this, almost a prototype slinky!
Gasket.jpg
Gasket.jpg (38.58 KiB) Viewed 3125 times
The other side has something too, but it didn't want to come out so easily. So should I be looking for some new gaskets too? IIRC I just tightened up the clamps, and did a basic leak test by running her and putting my hand close to the clamps and feeling for drafts! Would you mind showing the eBay link?
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Aye that slinky is the gasket. They're so tight, as soon as you pull the pipe the gasket unravel.

I'm lucky my mot place is more interested in bearings and other things than a pair of exhausts that sound like Thors hammer beating your ear drums :ride:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge