Finally managed to get the seat cowl fitted,
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (160.45 KiB) Viewed 2537 times
Spyke
On the Road

Re: New to Raptors

Post by Spyke »

Good to hear, she was possibly abused by her previous owner so it might just take her a while to appreciate your tender caress. The fuel injector cleaner I use says something like "overuse won't damage your engine" on the back of the bottle, if yours is the same then you may as well use the whole bottle and see if it keeps improving!
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
bobbob455
On the Road

Post by bobbob455 »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoGood to hear, she was possibly abused by her previous owner so it might just take her a while to appreciate your tender caress. The fuel injector cleaner I use says something like "overuse won't damage your engine" on the back of the bottle, if yours is the same then you may as well use the whole bottle and see if it keeps improving!
Cheers Spyke, I know the previous owner, and am certain she hasn't been abused, but probably not used much. I think she had been stood a while when he got her, which probably didn't help. I might try an overdose of injector cleaner, then use it regularly to keep things clean. It also seems that if I 'blip' the throttle just once whilst stationary, it avoids the engine dying when I set off.
Either way, I'm getting used to her now, and won't be getting rid any time soon.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Ah yes, bikes definitely get grumpy if they don't get used. My poor baby sat for a while and when she got bored she must have decided to eat the fuel pump, now that I take her out regularly she's on her best behaviour and hasn't skipped a beat.
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
bobbob455
On the Road

Post by bobbob455 »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoAh yes, bikes definitely get grumpy if they don't get used. My poor baby sat for a while and when she got bored she must have decided to eat the fuel pump, now that I take her out regularly she's on her best behaviour and hasn't skipped a beat.
:thumbsup: totally agree, I use the Raptor almost every day for commuting & I'm sure that's helped her.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Very nice looking bike there ! 8)
bobbob455
On the Road

Post by bobbob455 »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoVery nice looking bike there ! 8)
Cheers mate :thumbsup: appreciate that