Tachometer Wire

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
spank36
On the Road

Tachometer Wire

Post by spank36 »

Hey guys, new raptor owner here from Aus. I bought a bit of a project raptor. Its a good, tidy bike but it just needs some TLC and fixing up here and there. So far I've installed a Lust Racing shock linkage kit, flushed all the fluids and bled the brakes (the rear brake has a LONG way to go though).

She has a Vapor trailtech dash, the speedometer is working well, but I'm having trouble finding the tachometer wire. I was wondering if anyone knew what colour wire it was? I've checked the wiring diagram but its a bit of a mess to figure out. I would go off the old plug however that appears to have been chopped off.

I spent all afternoon fiddling and ended up running a wire to the spark plug but the readout is nowhere near accurate! :rant:

End of the day I don't need the tachometer to work however its there so why not. Any help would be really appreciated, cheers!
shedmonkey
APM

Re: Tachometer Wire

Post by shedmonkey »

green/grey according to the wiring diagram .to pin 14 i think
Bit of a Muppet
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Welcome aboard, the Aussie contingent seems to be growing rapidly, where are you located?

Oh, and pics please!
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
spank36
On the Road

Post by spank36 »

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll definitely try that wire! Next one to find is the temperature wire.

I'm based in Samford, Queensland. I basically live at the bottom of mount glorious so it's a great location for riding!

Pics to come after I've done some more cleaning up and installed some bar ends!