Diagnostics plug.. ?

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
rich-racing.co.uk
On the Road

Re: Diagnostics plug.. ?

Post by rich-racing.co.uk »

Miz wrote:55 years ago
bazzywazz wrote:55 years agoShedmonkey is spot on. Checkout the relay. Nothing to do with pump or fuel.
Don't forget the feed/signal to the ECU, as the pump could be running fine, but the signal degrades to the ECU so it "sees" a fault and goes into limp mode.

Not sure if our ecu will have a limp mode, but I'm sure it does.
Thanks for all the answers - it's definitely not in limp mode - it's either running at full power of coughing and banging and cutting out.

I'll see if I can locate a relay, possibly try the breakers yards?

Wonder if it's the same part on a TL?
rich-racing.co.uk
On the Road

latest -

popped to the local (very good) bike shop, and they couldn't see a cagiva part for the fuel pump relay, but looked at the one for a TL.

On the TL it's the same relay for te fuel pump and the sidestand switch, so wondered if this might be the case with the raptor?

Also, can anyone tell me where the fuel pump relay is located (not got a manual :( )

Thanks
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Hi, if you have a search on here there will be a link to down load a manual.. Im at work at the moment so cannot search for you. Hope that helps.. Sorry

Sent from my iPad using Technical magic
Twisted Tequila Sister
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
Fazerstun
Crockery Monitor

Post by Fazerstun »

It seems the link to the English version of the manual is no longer working. I have a copy saved on my pc, if you want it, let me know and I'll email it to you :)
I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings. I am a drunk, we go to parties.
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Fazerstun wrote:55 years agoIt seems the link to the English version of the manual is no longer working. I have a copy saved on my pc, if you want it, let me know and I'll email it to you :)
I think the manual. even if compressed, is too big to e-mail.
152/999
rich-racing.co.uk
On the Road

Right - the local bike shop says on a TL thou the fuel pump relay and the sidestand relay are the same.

under the seat there's two relays with the same part number.
Are these the two relays? - and I could swap them over and see if she runs OK???

Am I getting warm?

:cold: :cold: :cold:
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

:sun:
Head over to http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtop ... 952#p31260 and you should be able to work out which relay is which by the colours on the wires, I just added the codes to the thread today. All I know is that there's a row of 3 relays which I haven't touched, and one on it's own further forward which is the indicator relay and is the one I swapped over when I installed LEDs, IIRC.
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.