Could do with a drink.

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
norrie
On the Road

Could do with a drink.

Post by norrie »

Been to the doctor today as a follow up from having my bloods done regarding my Rheumatoid arthritis which were fine. However he reckons I'm depressed. :(
Now I don't think I am but who knows there supposed to be the experts. He wanted to put me on meds but I declined as I reckon it's a slippery slope. I had some hassle at my work a while ago and never really got over it but yeah....
I think they should just prescribe a good long run on your bike. :ride: I would go for a run on my bike but it's off the road for the winter. :(

Anyway who's going to join me a for a couple of beers as I'm buying. :beer:
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: Could do with a drink.

Post by shebee »

I will join you in a crabbies, [emoji8]. I prescribe a trip on the bike to somewhere warm... Or a flight to somewhere warm and hire one?

Sent from my iPad using Technical magic
Twisted Tequila Sister
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Sorry to hear that norrie, I'll join you in a beer for sure. It's early doors here so I'll have a Matso's Mango thanks - a WA speciality that makes the perfect breakfast beer! Bike rides will help, as would a holiday - if you can make it over here to Perth you'd be very welcome to stay at my place and check out the Matso's for yourself. It's already spring here and stinking hot summer is just around the corner, I seem to recall that last chrimbo/new years it was too hot to go outside (well over 30C) every day for 10 days straight, which is tiresome for a peely-wally soul like myself! Get well soon.
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

alcoholic dandelion and burdock please Norrie

8) somewhere warm and shiny and some bike related therapy :revrev: :nod:

I get that thing with the lack of daylight but not 'the black dog' proper, though I did spend some years surrounded by those going through it and understand how foul it can be.
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Never took you as a depressed type. You're right to decline if you don't agree. Those drugs always seemed to make a mess of things when prescribed to me, so I took the mind over matter approach.

I'll have orange please. I'm on some funny tabs to sort my back and neck out. Not been right since I fell off. Waiting to see some sort of expert.... Finally!

Think a ride would doo the world of good for you! Mines still in exactly the same state. Broken :-(
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Well the offer still stands if you want a hand with it although it will have to be after the new year now.
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

I very much appreciate it. Thankyou. :happyhappy:
That goes to others who have offered help.
Maybe I should have a help Dizzy day, I'm not very good at accepting help and to tell you the truth I've had so much else on that I've not so much as looked at the bike since being away in October. House tidying for viewings, decorating, back probs, foreign inherited estates...
. I get scared off when things might break more. I want my bike to work, and I don't know what to do.

It doesn't help when pegleg is suffering really bad and refuses to go to a doctor.

MEN! :angry:

Pass me the gin :drunk:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge