TRENDITALY carbon hugger/chainguard

Chat about anything
ozzraptor
On the Road

TRENDITALY carbon hugger/chainguard

Post by ozzraptor »

Would like to hear from anyone that has purchased the carbon chainguard / hugger from trend italy regarding quality and fit especially ? I like the idea of having a rear hugger and since this incorporates the chain guard would be a good idea me thinks and look good as well 8)
Looks to be an aeasy fit as well , hallelujah
Last edited by ozzraptor on |January 17th, 2015|, 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Red Mist
On the Road

Re: Trend Italy carbon hugger/chainguard

Post by Red Mist »

I want one too! I like the idea that this just bolts on by the looks of it.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Re: Trend Italy carbon hugger/chainguard

Post by ozzraptor »

Red Mist wrote:55 years agoI want one too! I like the idea that this just bolts on by the looks of it.
+1 , thanks for your response red mist, yes theres 3 bolt holes, looks like 2 for the chainguard and the one that holds the chainguide. Well i went ahead and bought one , in a few weeks i will find out, hopefully i won't need to drill larger holes or anything like that but i am expecting a bit of fiddling to get the hugger to fit knowing most stuff that i have purchased from italy :lol: . Pics to follow!
ozzraptor
On the Road

Re: TRENDITALY carbon hugger/chainguard

Post by ozzraptor »

one word , DONT ,find another manufacturer ,the trenditaly huggers are sh*t :x
JimBo
On the Road

Post by JimBo »

That's a b*gg*r as I liked the look of that.

Gutted for you for all the hassle and expense, not to mention disappointment!
So many motorcycles, so little money!
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Mine, has a silver sv1000 hugger. Perfect fit, complete with chain guard ;)
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

JimBo wrote:55 years agoThat's a b*gg*r as I liked the look of that.

Thanks Jim, yeah it is a bad fit but i got it to work but not the way i wanted or expected it to fit, especially considering they are not cheap. I have been in contact with trend italy on this, at first they questioned my tyre size and swing arm , i sent them photos and they still questioned the bike etc, now that they understand i have all stock oem bike they say it was a one off as no one has ever had any problems with this hugger (sure) so must be a one off fault. They say i can return but did not offer to pay for postage. This is very expensive to ship. So i ask for compensation, we will see . You can see in the bottom pic, gap is uneven but was the best i could get it, unless you looking for it its hard to see.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years ago
JimBo wrote:55 years agoThat's a b*gg*r as I liked the look of that.

Thanks Jim, yeah it is a bad fit but i got it to work but not the way i wanted or expected it to fit, especially considering they are not cheap. I have been in contact with trend italy on this, at first they questioned my tyre size and swing arm , i sent them photos and they still questioned the bike etc, now that they understand i have all stock oem bike they say it was a one off as no one has ever had any problems with this hugger (sure) so must be a one off fault. They say i can return but did not offer to pay for postage. This is very expensive to ship. So i ask for compensation, we will see . You can see in the bottom pic, gap is uneven but was the best i could get it, unless you looking for it its hard to see.
couple more pics :D Rear is finished now just need to fit braking wave rotors ,some new pads and rim stickers.
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Nice. 8)
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
JimBo
On the Road

Post by JimBo »

Yes, very smart. 8)
So many motorcycles, so little money!
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Thanks guys , on the trend italy hugger , i may have found part of the cause of its mis alignment. The rear tab on the swingarm was not straight, it was not bent so i guess it was just welded that way from factory so i straightened it up by bending the tab inward toward the wheel and got the hugger pretty sweet although a bit higher up but happy now that it sits square. Would i buy from them again, probabally as i can see there may be some things they cannot control like the welds on a bike and they were happy to give money back.
vassilis67
On the Road

Post by vassilis67 »

Clean bikes should be illegal....
It's all greek to me....
candy
On the Road

Post by candy »

Dont bother to change discs, just get some ebc hh pads-wonderful.