number of v raptors made

Chat about anything
Tikka
On the Road

number of v raptors made

Post by Tikka »

I came across a italian wikipedia pages about the cagiva raptor. After translating it through google i noticed this entry:

Raptor 1000 [edit | edit wikitext]
Cagiva Xtra Raptor 1000La major version, which came into production in 2000 and for the first uscitane in 2006, was produced in one series but in most versions, normal, V-Raptor (aesthetically identical to Xtra Raptor) and "Xtra Raptor" ( accessioriata version of carbon parts and adjustable suspension.

In 2001 he introduced the Xtra Raptor. in 2004, he was presented a prototype called X3 Raptor never entered production. All raptor 1000 rode a propeller Japanese Suzuki (TL1000) used in Superbike for a short period. The Xtra Raptor has a label that shows the numbering of the motion, which was produced in a limited series. The numbering should go from 1/999 to 999/999. The Xtra Raptor also compared to the normal version had an adjustable Marzocchi fork and a Sachs monoshock adjustable.

All engines showed the liquid cooling and brake system consisted of two disc brakes front (only version 125 cm³ possessed the forecarriage single disk) and a single at the rear. In common to all models, regardless of the displacement, the presence of an upside down fork (40mm for the "small" version, 43mm for the other) and a monoshock at the rear.

Maneuverability and power are the natural qualities of this bike that combines style and performance in a pure state especially in the "V-Raptor" which possessed 77.5 Kw with only 194 kg. Version V-1000 unofficial sources say that it has been produced about 300 V-Raptor 1000, while the Xtra have been produced about 600 and not 1000 as previously thought, and as was stated in the press when the motion was presented.

Only 300 build? Thats seems very low. I know it's rare but this rare? Are there others sources that state the numbers of production?
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Re: number of v raptors made

Post by dizzyblonde »

OMG>>>>>>>What has happened to the forum format??? :yuck:

Yes, 300 seems a little low, and 600 for the Xtra makes it all the more nutty!

Mind you, when you have to look for VRap parts, it certainly comes apparent how bloody rare :angry:
Hence why I fought and fought to not get my bike categorised and written off when I had the accident.

I propose the VRaptor protection programme!!!
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Tikka
On the Road

Post by Tikka »

dizzyblonde wrote:55 years agoI propose the VRaptor protection programme!!!
What a good idea!!! They need it. Maybe even a reservation. The TT circuit in Assen would do nicely.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Wow, that does seem low, but there do seem to be more Xtras than Vs on the street. I believe that the numbering for the Xtras was meant to go from 0-999 to make up the 1,000.
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

You don't see many raptors around full stop let alone v's and x's. I heard less than 500 x raptors so the 600 figure may not be too far off as sales were poor . "
I am not sure about the forks being of different size though ? i thought they were the same size but may be true . "the presence of an upside down fork (40mm for the "small" version, 43mm for the other" There were some works yoshimura tlr than run in superbikes for a short while but they were just too big and heavy at the same time lacking hp .
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Perhaps the smaller version refers to the 650?
Being an SV engine, they used smaller forks accordingly . Pretty sure the 43 is only the 1000
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Dante
On the Road

Post by Dante »

Maybe the smaller fork is for the 125 Raptor.
The 650 has also 43mm.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

dizzyblonde wrote:55 years agoOMG>>>>>>>What has happened to the forum format??? :yuck:
it's been through the carwash - :lol: sure it'll grow on you Dizz ;)
I propose the VRaptor protection programme!!!
:thumbsup:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Dante wrote:55 years agoMaybe the smaller fork is for the 125 Raptor.
The 650 has also 43mm.
Oh Aye, forgot about the 125!
bazzywazz
On the Road

Post by bazzywazz »

The most v-raptors registered on uk roads was 138 in 2002. now only 60 are on the road, with 90 "off road".
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Wow, can you find out the Xtra numbers too?
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
Tikka
On the Road

Post by Tikka »

What's the odd too see this considering the numbers. At work someone else has a 650 raptor. Don't know who yet. It's in bad shape though. dents, paint flaking off it.
Attachments
2 raptor
2 raptor
2 raptors.jpg (181.01 KiB) Viewed 5840 times
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Tikka wrote:55 years agoWhat's the odd too see this considering the numbers. At work someone else has a 650 raptor. Don't know who yet. It's in bad shape though. dents, paint flaking off it.
More common than you'd expect!

:thumbsup:
Tikka
On the Road

Post by Tikka »

Wow, nice to see them together.
Tikka
On the Road

Post by Tikka »

According to the dutch licenseplate registration site there are 46 V raptor 1000, 75 raptor 1000, 125 raptor 650, 24 Cagiva M2 models without details and 1 raptor 125 in the Netherlands. Xtra raptors are not mentioned, maybe the 24 without details are Xtra raptors.