speedo jumping

Chat about anything
matty1690
On the Road

speedo jumping

Post by matty1690 »

I noticed last night when cruising along at about 70mph the speedo jumped up to about 90 but without changing speed. So straight away I think speed sensor. Then I kept an eye on the speedo and it does tend to jump about a little. Is this common? Where will I find a sensor is perhaps the tl is the same? I see one for sale in germany on ebay will this make a difference kph/mph?
If anyone knows please help me!!! Many thanks. :ride:
Dante
On the Road

Re: speedo jumping

Post by Dante »

I think you can match one from aprilia.
No, sensor doesnt have to do with mph/kmh,thats a speedo thing.
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Mine started doing that then stopped working completely. However it is now fine without touching it.
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

I have had this twice, both times going to/from the lincoln gathering ! .. Have you been in lincolshire recently?

Last year it faffed about for a bit and then died completely... We had a sensor in stock (well attached to the navigator) and it wasnt that. Broken wire in the loom up near the head stock... I think it was a white one? This year she was doing between 15 and 45 mph whilst sitting in the campsite... Seems to have been the over night heavy rain, worked fine all the way back and still is ok... Liberal dose of Acf50 in the whole area seems to be indicated!
Twisted Tequila Sister
matty1690
On the Road

Post by matty1690 »

got speaking to a previous owner of the bike he said something also about a white whire under the tank that cause problems with the speedo once before :?
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

matty1690 wrote:55 years agogot speaking to a previous owner of the bike he said something also about a white whire under the tank that cause problems with the speedo once before :?
may be worth checking the wires for breaks eh?
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>