'Chec' sign wont bugger off!!

General spannery stuff
stapes

'Chec' sign wont bugger off!!

Post by stapes »

Hi all. Popping my cherry with this post :D My rap 1000 is displaying chec. Searched this wonderful site and have eliminated kill switch,side stand switch (bypassed and joined the wires as it was intermittent) and has a good battery. Runs well but i wanted to do a tps reset. I've had the bike running and did slowly fiddle with the tps and 'tuned' the revs by ear and it has improved the slow riding. I do the rear cylinder not firing cold start problem but have just bought iridium plugs and fixed the choke so fingers crossed. Any advice would be appreciated. Ive had a lot of bikes and am handy with the spanners so don't go easy on me haha. :thumbsup:
snapdragon

Re: 'Chec' sign wont bugger off!!

Post by snapdragon »

not a clue mate sorry, every time I get a 'chec' it's because the bike's been parked in gear (so sidestand switch)
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
stapes

Post by stapes »

Oh. Thought it was a tricky one. Cheers anyway snap. :)
bazzywazz
On the Road

Post by bazzywazz »

put it in dealer mode and read the fault code.
stapes

Post by stapes »

Cheers baz. Tried the wire on the diagnostics plug but she still won't come out of chec. Fitted new Iridium plugs and rear cylinder fires from the start up. Maybe they're working too well because the rear cylinder is popping now on a steady low rev. Gun it and she flys! Pair valve next may cure it. Don't think it likes the remus carbon cans. But sod it , they sound lush!Keep ya posted. :thumbsup:
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Welcome in. From my fuddled memory the chec bit doesn't go off until you start her up, if not that then I *think* that in dealer mode you might have to press the button on the clock to cycle through the different displays, it's certainly worth a go as it's cheap'n'easy. You might have to RTFM if you haven't already, most folks don't... 8)
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.