Rear Brake Bleed issues

General spannery stuff
Xavz
On the Road

Rear Brake Bleed issues

Post by Xavz »

Been having issues with my rear brake. There is nothing going on at all and very spongy basically does not engage!

After bleeding and flushing my front brakes due to fitting a new reservior I noticed the back brakes needed topping up.

I topped them up and decided to bleed the back brakes as just purchased the bike and not sure when last was done. While doing the procedure I was being distracted by a five year old and a nosey puppy as well as a bleed nipple that was slightly rounded, and the reservior got very low while bleeding through, to the point I think there was intake of air slightly.

I carried on trying to bleed the brakes fucked the nipple and it all became a cluster fuck. got the bleed nipple out and sourced a new nipple, which is correct thread but slightly too long.

Bled again but still nothing and looks like there is a vacuum as sucking back into the nipple via the bleed line. been looking online and trying to work out what the hell is going on, taken the caliper off and stripped it and everything looks clean and intact. put back together and tried to leave over night by having the reserviour lid off while engaging the foot pedal all night fully.

Still nothing, was going to try bleeding with caliper moved to a high position, but apart from that I figured it may be that I have knackered the master cylinder so really after suggestions or where I can obtain a master cylinder in Western Australia.

Cheers
:ride: :ride: Go Big or Go Home :ride: :ride:
Xavz
On the Road

Re: Rear Brake Bleed issues

Post by Xavz »

Caliper moved to a high point to bleed and ten minutes later ...brakes are working :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

:) its a common issue, glad you found the thread and sorted it.
Twisted Tequila Sister
Xavz
On the Road

Post by Xavz »

so am I, was pulling the last of my hair out!!
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

And prompted by all this bleeding back brake I decided to finally sort out mine.

Holy hydraulic fluid batman !! A back brake that works...