Cagiva V-Raptor 1000 race bike

Somewhere for all the race mods

Moderators: shebee, snapdragon, Moderators

Lexio62
On the Road

Cagiva V-Raptor 1000 race bike

Post by Lexio62 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:18 am

Hi All,
I'm starting this topic to store all the info and provide updates on the Raptor race bikes we're setting up.

Thanks,
Alex

Lexio62
On the Road

Re: Cagiva V-Raptor 1000 race bike

Post by Lexio62 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:13 pm

Quick fit of the new rearsets. Quality seems okay, they're a bit chunky though and will be difficult to replace when damaged. Good for now, but I will get a more universal and simple set made down the track.

This will look a bit odd, but shaping the seat to then make a simplified complete part which I can make a fibreglass mould from and produce a few one piece race seats. A small foam pad will act as padding for your buttocks! Plenty more sanding and filling to do though. It will need to be a two part mould and once done, I'm happy to reproduce parts for anyone wanting to track their Raptor. Parts won't win any show bike awards though.

V4mp
On the Road

Re: Cagiva V-Raptor 1000 race bike

Post by V4mp » Thu May 11, 2017 5:32 pm

Lexio62 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:13 pm
This will look a bit odd, but shaping the seat to then make a simplified complete part which I can make a fibreglass mould from and produce a few one piece race seats. A small foam pad will act as padding for your buttocks! Plenty more sanding and filling to do though. It will need to be a two part mould and once done, I'm happy to reproduce parts for anyone wanting to track their Raptor. Parts won't win any show bike awards though.
Any updates?
I'm interested... :revrev:
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !