V raptor 1000 revival

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
gilbert666
On the Road

Re: V raptor 1000 revival

Post by gilbert666 »

Hi guys winter is coming to the end, I can go back to my raptor!

First task is mounting all the electrics. God I hate electrics....... So much ugly cable, never at the right lenght, never at the correct place. I dream of a bike with all wires replaced by wifi!!

Ok, start slow with the end of mounting of the pods, and the plastic beneath the headlight:

then the electronics (do I really have to do it? damn!! ok, ok, I go for it.... but I don't want to...)

Rhaaaaaa what a nice view!! so much month without seeing a light on this cockpit

Then it will be mounting the miror, that I found, after months (yes, month) of research, on two different website. Firts one is at home, the second is coming soon.....

Then the old gaspump need to be replaced......

Ebay was a great help, as I was able to buy two pump in "as new" state for 65€ only....

That's all for today folks, but stay tuned!
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

gilbert666 wrote: 7 years ago Thanks guys!

And I agree, an italian bike must be red!
And red is faster, anyway...

I may need your help soon, as I will try to reconect all the electrics. Last time I did that, I had difficulties to identify what and where connecting all this mess!
nice work, coming together very well, got to remember though that the best part of this beast is not the red (or silver ), its that japanese 1000c beauty hidden below!
gilbert666
On the Road

Post by gilbert666 »

You're totally right! This engine is awesome!
The design make me buy it, the engine make me love it and keep it!!
gilbert666
On the Road

Post by gilbert666 »

today's job, varnishing! a few more coats and it will be perfect.

Next step, the exhaust!
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

:thumbsup:
Twisted Tequila Sister
El Vikingo Tropical
On the Road

Post by El Vikingo Tropical »

What a great job!
You will have a nice bike in time for the summer
Saludos desde Canarias
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

gilbert666 wrote: 7 years ago Then the old gaspump need to be replaced......

Ebay was a great help, as I was able to buy two pump in "as new" state for 65€ only....
Rustier than mine. :shock:
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
gilbert666
On the Road

Post by gilbert666 »

The gas i took off the tank was dark red......
gilbert666
On the Road

Post by gilbert666 »

Hi Guys

Some of you ask me for the file for the chain slider
You will find it here:

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/cagiv ... ain-slider

Send us pictures of your versions!

Cheers
gilbert666
On the Road

Post by gilbert666 »

Here is today status.

The foot holder wer dirty and rusty, so I clean them up and put them back in place:

Next, I clean the exhaust.
Before:

After:

Better looing isn't it?

The pipes were cleand too:

Next step will be to change the steering, mine is full of scratch due to previous black painting. Find a new one, just have to find some time now...

And I will need your kind help: I am rebuuilding a raptor fork, with parts I have in stock, but I miss the two headlight support:

Does anyone have some to sell? or is it possible to get a quick drawing with dimentions to rebuilt new one?
Daylights
On the Road

Post by Daylights »

I'm admiring your work! I am just a bit confused, I don't think de V-Raptor uses plates in the forks to mount the headlight, it should be mounted on the frame? Also, the picture you show is not Cagiva. So with what can we help you? :)

I was also wondering if you did the varnish on the paint job yourself? Did you use spray cans, or did you do it with a compressor and a pistol?
gilbert666
On the Road

Post by gilbert666 »

You're right, the plate are not for the v raptor.
They are made for the 650 IE raptor.

I'm not mounting them on my bike, but I have a spare fork, with headlight and steering, and I only miss these plates to make it complete. That's why I need to find a pair of them in used state, or a drawing so I can rebuilt them by myself. Maybe one day I will rebuilt a fuill raport parts by parts, starting with that forks, but this will be in a very very very far future!! :D

Regarding the paint, The frame has been painted using compressor and pistol. All the red parts were made with spray can, including varnish.
My compressor is a bit too small, and the spray is not that good to do clear varnish (the airflow is not regular enough).

For matt finish, or textured paint like the grey on the frame, it is good enough. For smooth surface, spray can are better for my use. With a bit of patience, you can reach a pretty good result!
Daylights
On the Road

Post by Daylights »

Now I understand :) A friend of mine has these fork mounts spare, but they are not for sale. I can get pictures/measurements, what details would you like to have?

I'm also planning on a full repaint this winter, but I am debating to let the frames and wheels powder coated and to let it professionally varnished. I am not too certain a spray can varnish would survive a spill of gasoline on the tank?
gilbert666
On the Road

Post by gilbert666 »

The varnish I use is gas resistant (at last it is written on the can)
The professional varnish will ever be more resistant, but it cost more....
If you change your mind often about the color, let's can spray :D otherwise, the pro solution will be more secure.

If you can find me a flat drawing of the plate, it would be perfect!
I'm interested about any dimension you get get, the more yoou will send me, the easier it will be to redraw the part!
Hole diameter and position, angle of the bending, lenght and hight of the parts, anything will be useful.

Thanks by advance!!