An investment maybe?

Chat about anything
nickst4
On the Road

An investment maybe?

Post by nickst4 »

All of a sudden, the Raptors and V-Raptors on ebay uk have leapt in price! Some we've seen before here, some not, but prices circa £8000 are around. One could be a bluff cos it says it has already been sold. Another is an Xtra-Raptor, which I thought was supposed to have Ohlins suspension. The forks look like the usual kit to me, but maybe they have adjusters?

It's surprising how few 650 Raptors show up, compared with the 1000 version. Either people hang onto them or fewer were made. I expect someone has production figures.

Nick
HiFi
On the Road

An investment maybe?

Post by HiFi »

Hi Nick, the Xtra Raptors do have visually similar forks but on the tops there are adjusters. That e-bay example looks totally immaculate, not sure about the flag stickers or the big side stickers on the tank though. The belly pan is aftermarket too and it has the bigger mirrors but nothing that looks out of place. Trim piece missing from steering damper! They describe it as "grey" don't they know it's actually "Bat Black" :D Eight grand does seem like about twice what it's worth though.....
andybaggies
On the Road

An investment maybe?

Post by andybaggies »

nickst4 wrote: 1 year ago I thought was supposed to have Ohlins suspension
No.. I believe it just had the fully adjustable Marzocchis
nickst4 wrote: 1 year ago I expect someone has production figures.
I dunno about the production figures but How Many Left provides the registered numbers. This is just for the 650 and there are separate pages for the IE & V Raptor.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/cagiva_650_raptor
andybaggies
On the Road

An investment maybe?

Post by andybaggies »

And 8 grand does seem steep but I notice a couple of magazines have mention both it and the Suzuki TL so the sellers could just be testing the water.
pmogs
On the Road

An investment maybe?

Post by pmogs »

Yeah seen the recent prices , no way !!!
I've had mine 18 yr's + & bought 2 x 1000's over the last 8 month's or so .
To be fair both seem in good condition & pretty genuine for 20 yr old .
Pair less than 5K for both combined :thumbsup:
dizzyblonde
On the Road

An investment maybe?

Post by dizzyblonde »

I knew they'd got to around £4k on eBay but with not having looked for a while I find that an extortionate rise.
I paid £3k for mine back in 2010!
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Limasenar
On the Road

An investment maybe?

Post by Limasenar »

Not sure if it's relevant, but with Suzuki soon to replace the SV650 with a parallel twin engine, expect these babies (the 1000s included) to become more of a cult bike especially among mature riders who appreciate these very reliable V-twins. My guess, anyway. :mrgreen:
"Consistency is the key."

- ZNA