Std exhaust heat shields wanted

General spannery stuff
John Martin
On the Road

Post by John Martin »

Hi All. Been a few years since I last posted. Looking for some help is possible. After several years of running very loud Art cans I'm looking to fit std silencers after repaint. Thing is I have the cans but the heat shields are missing. Any suggestions??? Its like trying to find rocking horse poo!!! Happy to pay if anyone has a pair within reason and postage to Northern Ireland. Also can anyone confirm if std odometer is in klms and if so can it be changed?Thanks for looking folks. Cheers
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Can't help with exhaust shields, but I'd be interested to hear about the speedo readout. My 1000 is a low-mileage bike and has always had a readout that says km while actually reading mph figures. Not a big deal but irritating! I think the subject has been kicked around before...

Nick
Sheepracer
On the Road

Post by Sheepracer »

I have a complete pair of mint standard carbon exhausts with them fitted ?
John Martin
On the Road

Post by John Martin »

Thanks for response. I have end cans and planned to have them TIG welded onto std system. Out of interest how much would you need for them? Obvs I have to pay fir welding my end. Also need to take into account what I can get for ART cans
John Martin
On the Road

Post by John Martin »

Cheers Sheepracer. Could you pls text with idea how much you need for them?? Thanks
John Martin
On the Road

Post by John Martin »

All sorted thanks to Sheepracer. Turns out our V-Raps were supplied from same dealership. I'll try and post some pics after bike is finished