Side Stand

Chat about anything
andrea

Side Stand

Post by andrea »

Collected my Raptor 1000 today and even though I have ridden only a few miles, I already love it, lots more power and torque than the sv, can't wait for tomorrow as I will be out getting used to the handling.... :shock:

One thing I have noticed is the steep rake of the side stand. Have seen a side stand extender advertised on e.bay for the Tuono, does anybody know if there is a similiar thing for the Raptor ?
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

would leave well alone.yes the raptor sits well over on its stand,but take into consideration how light the bike is and how easy it would blow over in the wind. last bike sat almost up right,went over a few times,not only did it damage parts but someone elses car.
andrea

Post by andrea »

The problem I have is that my bike also sits virtually upright and I am scared of it falling over, especially if the road is anything but flat, or even in windy conditions. The rake adjuster I have seen enables the bike to lean further over onto the side stand, not sit the bike more upright.

Did you make any adjustment to your bike to stop it toppling over and if so what are they.

thanks
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

understand now,got what you meant arse about face. the raptors around here all seem to have sindstands that lean the bike well over.thaeonly thing i can suggest is take it to an engineer and get it bent a little.might mean it needs heating up to bend and spoils the paint,but they tend to need a fair ammount or repainting touching up anyway as you will discover.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

I find I just take extra care where I'm parking - sometimes backing in to a space that others would ride into to get the downward slope on the right (left) side, I spose I've got used to it now.
maybe lifting the rear shock a touch would give you a bit more height-to-lean and increase the angle? (or have I got my geometry wrong?)
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>