2005 model Raptors

Chat about anything
hpyraptor
On the Road

2005 model Raptors

Post by hpyraptor »

Has anyone seen a 2005 model Raptor of any capacity or type? I haven't seen any advertised and 3X hardly publicise Cagiva at all now. Are they even being built? :?

The 650 is supposed to have the injected motor now and the nakeds looked really good in the mags with a mini fairing.

The motorcycle press showed the models in about Oct 04, but there were virtually no Italian machines other than Ducati at the NEC or Ally Pally. MV Agusta seems to be getting the benefit of Proton money at the moment in terms of tweaked models and the WSB effort for next year. Cagiva website is just about useless and so is 3X effort. (never updated)

Whats happening to our favourite machines in UK. At least we are guaranteed exclusivity I suppose!!
Mike Edwards
On the Road

Post by Mike Edwards »

The 2005 model Raptor 650 will be available around August/September time.

It will use the fuel injected SV650 engine and have the new rear suspension linkage found on the other models.

No word yet on whether the forks and shock will have any additional adjustment.
rich
On the Road

Post by rich »

Have to say it does look like There Cross have given up with the Raptor or at least promoting it. Haven’t seen one at a show in years and they are not exactly pushing it in the press.

Did anyone see the MCN big group test on big naked bikes about 3 weeks ago? They had everything there Buell XB-12S Lightning, Aprilia Tuono, Ducati Monster S4R, Kawasaki Z1000, Triumph Speed Triple, MV Brutal, Benelli TNT & KTM Super Duke and what was conspicuous by its absence?

Oh and then the next week they tested the new MZ 1000SF against the MV Brutal and again compared it to its major competitors. Again no mention of the Raptor.

Then to add insult to injury they gave the Raptor 1000 a lower rating than the Monster 620 as they say it has less personality!!!!! I think they forget it was the same guy who designed both and do they really thing the TL 1000 motor is boring compared to a 620 Monster. Funny this as they have always raved about the engine in every other bike it has been fitted to. Still that’s MCN for you and it doesn’t seam to get much press elsewhere either.

I think Three Cross needs to pull their finger out and start pushing it on the press a bit more or is it just that they have MV and both they and Proton just find this a sexier brand.

Still as least as Hpyraptor says it keeps us exclusive and that’s why I bought one in the first place as I wanted something different – then I realised what a blood fun bike it is as well.

Rich

Sorry rant over now and I guess I am preaching to the converted anyway.
Vaguely ridicules though nevertheless entertaining
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

yes I was a bit concerned when a chap at work came back from a visit to Three Cross raving about the MV Agusta and (knowing that I have one)didn't mention seeing any Raptors there :?

Exclusive? :D or oddity? :shock:

I don't care, they don't know what they're missing and we do :lol:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>