Mirrors

Chat about anything
danman
On the Road

Mirrors

Post by danman »

I've had the bike two weeks now and have come to the conclusion that the standard Mickey Mouse ear mirrors need to go! What have other people done regarding the replacement of theirs. I think I have the following options;

1. A pair from an X Rap, I assume these will be quite expensive being OEM parts.
2. A good looking set of aftermarket rectangular or oval items.
3. A set from the Ducati Multistrada that include the indicators.

Do I have any other options? What are peoples opinions.

Dan Man
Shlockengronk
On the Road

Post by Shlockengronk »

i got a ducati style bar end mirror temporarily but am waiting for some sort of sharp shaped bar end one like some uk streetfighters have(i think it would suit the V) nice and low and you can fit under really low bridges then :roll:
Life starts at 45.......................degrees
ozzy
On the Road

mirrors

Post by ozzy »

i was going to replace my mirrors with after market ones when i discovered the cost of replacing the broken one.£84 including P&P.3cross did say they also had the xraptor in stock but they were more expensive(and i would then have needed two).never asked exact price,but would guess your looking at around £200 for both.I tried a few different pairs a friend had.the sort they sell at M&P.I found the radip acceleration moved the lenses inward so they were no use at high speed,which meant you could not check for police cars behind you :( .so beware of after market parts.im sure there are great ones out there,just buy from somewhere you can return if need be.also beware of thread size.i ended up buying the original.
ayuluv
On the Road

Re: mirrors

Post by ayuluv »

ozzy wrote:55 years agoi was going to replace my mirrors with after market ones when i discovered the cost of replacing the broken one.£84 including P&P.3cross did say they also had the xraptor in stock but they were more expensive(and i would then have needed two).never asked exact price,but would guess your looking at around £200 for both.I tried a few different pairs a friend had.the sort they sell at M&P.I found the radip acceleration moved the lenses inward so they were no use at high speed,which meant you could not check for police cars behind you :( .so beware of after market parts.im sure there are great ones out there,just buy from somewhere you can return if need be.also beware of thread size.i ended up buying the original.
hmm.. mine in sg sounds cheaper.. the shop quoted me 112 sgd for one pcs of the new rappy mirror.. the mickey mouse nid to go..
makes the bike so sissy...
but.. my prob here is the time taken to reach sg...
the parts seems to b slow.. real slow.. its been mnths....
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

The bit of my front end which is V rap is the mirrors and I like 'em (they do tend to 'unwind' a bit with errm spirited :twisted: riding though)- the guy that had the nose cone etc from mine kept the normale mirrors - but then he rides much faster than me :lol:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
demonnina

mickey mouse mirrors

Post by demonnina »

:P honda cbf 600 2005...square chrome....look real good and work..i know cuzz :lol: i nicked them off my wifes bike..........and was made to pay for them....... :cry:
Andyr

Post by Andyr »

I bought some sort of oval ones from m&p to replace the ones on the X-Rap. Believe me, you don't want the X's mirrors. They are rubbish. To start with they are the same size a a packet of 10 tabs, and they magnify so your field of view is absolutely tiny.

New ones are much better. Look better too.

[edit]These are the ones I got: http://www.mandp.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?catRef=502765
[/edit]
Mr Kippa

Post by Mr Kippa »

I got a pair of these on mine http://www.ducatistore.co.uk/acatalog/mirrors_lrg.jpg

The one's I have are not Ducati performace but an exact copy that cost me £20 :D from a local bike shop
danman
On the Road

Post by danman »

I found myself a set of chrome cruiser oval mirrors from a local bike store for $25 each (about 10 quid). Rubbed them back and painted them matt black. Reasonably happy with them but my taping could have been better!

Danman
rich
On the Road

Post by rich »

If you want mirrors then try these people. http://www.madproducts.com/

Go to the online shop and type mirrors in to the search at the bottom of the page and you then have 280 different types to choose from. Most are the over the top chrome sort designed for Harleys but there are still plenty more suitable ones to choose from.

I ordered a set of carbon look one from the Ledrie catalogue (No: 34) which look the part with all my other carbon body work but admittedly they are a bit narrow which restricts the view but there is still just about enough to see what is going on behind you. They took about a week to turn up.
Vaguely ridicules though nevertheless entertaining