Newbie looking for raptor thou

Chat about anything
jonacol

Newbie looking for raptor thou

Post by jonacol »

hi there, I'm looking for a raptor to replace my sv650, either the neekid one or the V I'm not fussy really, any one selling up?
I'm going to see a v raptor this week, '01 model sounds genuine enough, its up for 2700 no offers, is this reasonable as there aren't many around to compare prices with. Anything on the raptors to watch out for?
thanks
jonc
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

welcome in :)

Sounds a bargain to me - :D

to watch for when buying? two minor mods for 00 and 01 bikes were radiator washer and rear disc mod. The mods were already done on new bikes from early 01 as far as I know, so rad ok and rear disc in good order it should be fine, the rest is same as / same as, tidy, service history etc

if the bike has low mileage, check there's a new chain, or be prepared to fit one soon - the originals ok till about 6k and then the stretch sets in

or when owning?
:D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
jonacol

Post by jonacol »

The rear disc has been replaced. browsing the previous posts its seems there may be an issue with the rear brake, was this resolved or was it dodgy adjustment problems? The mirrors have lost their shiney bits in places and theres a bit of paint coming off the engine covers, I'm used to suzukis shonky build quality now. Whats the longevity of the finish like on the rest of the raptors like?
The bike I'm going to see has remus Ti cans. I'm not a fan of race cans as I'm a shift worker and use the bike at odd times of the day, could well be selling the remi in the near future if they're too wild.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Can't speak for all of course, but in the past three and a half years, I've replaced one or two sets of bearings, a water seal, some chains and sprockets, lots of tyres and there's some paint flaking from the oil cooler and the can/peg hanger.
With over 52K on the clock, out all year, all weathers, (WD 40 is her favourite perfume) she's doing fine :D :D :D

oh, and the rear brake was an adjustment thing as far as we could work out :)
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
jonacol

Post by jonacol »

Ta for that. I'll give the rear brake a good looiking at and try a bit of oooh (sucks air through teeth) I don't like the look of that, type thing.