New owner!

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
carnivore
On the Road

New owner!

Post by carnivore »

Break out the meths!
got me one of them there V-raptors last friday, looking forward to givvin' it the berries.
previous bikes have been TZR'S, RD350's + YPVS with RGV running gear, RD400, SV650, CBR400RR, SRX600 and KH500. Not bad for a lad of 27 eh? the only problem is i don't get it till the 9th of feb :( . got a nice yoshi race system on it as well so i should be the flavour of the month with the local constabulary.
if anybody fancies a trip to halifax west yorkshire for a brew the kettles always full. see you around
where's the bar?
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

Welcome to the site :)
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Re: New owner!

Post by TLMONKEY »

carnivore wrote:55 years agogot a nice yoshi race system on it as well
Didnt know yoshi made system for raptor?
Unless its a modded tl one made to fit,or is it just a set of linkpipes with can's?
Got any pic's from the seller we can have a look at :)

OH YER,Nearly forgot.
WELCOME :lol:
carnivore
On the Road

Post by carnivore »

hi to all, the blokes at DK motorcycles seemed to think they could make it fit, when it finally arrives i'll take some pic's, other wise i'll have a fully yoshi race system for sale. bum.
but having said that i know some people who are good with metal and i ain't talkin ac/dc. :)
where's the bar?
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

carnivore wrote:55 years agohi to all, the blokes at DK motorcycles seemed to think they could make it fit, when it finally arrives i'll take some pic's, other wise i'll have a fully yoshi race system for sale. bum.
but having said that i know some people who are good with metal and i ain't talkin ac/dc. :)
I bought 4 systems months ago(now sold) and all would have needed cutting and modding to get to fit.
TLR yoshi system
(The left linkpipe sits to far in and the rightside linkpipe sits to far out and you WILL have to get another rearheader pipe made or modify the original(cut and weld) )

TLR M4 system(was the closest)

TLR Akrapovic system.(sat to low,would groundout on floor/road)
SV1000 full titanium ti-force system.
carnivore
On the Road

Post by carnivore »

Well the yoshi system that their fitting is off a 97 TLS, does this make a diffrence?
where's the bar?
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

carnivore wrote:55 years agoWell the yoshi system that their fitting is off a 97 TLS, does this make a diffrence?
Only the front header is different on tls and links+can's sit lower.
The front isnt the problem,its the rear pipework that needs cutting .But lets see,maybe the tls is slightly different enough to actually fit. I hope so,because i will then be on the hunt for 1 :lol:

I am still looking at getting one from a exh. custom builder in italy.
Look Here,
http://raptors.ukbikeforum.co.uk/viewto ... bc0b841ac5
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

welcome in carnivore - :D
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

Hey

Welcome in carnivore :D
No bike is ever finished!
carnivore
On the Road

Post by carnivore »

Well guess what, DK phoned up saying the yoshi system wouldn't fit but they could sell me a full akroprovic system. I think not, i ain't made of money. So the plan now is to have a system made up locally by a company called Zorstec. will post pics when its done.
where's the bar?
carnivore
On the Road

Post by carnivore »

It's arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortunatly it's welcoming committee was a couple of inches of snow, i was so tempted ot go out on it but all the salt, slush and general smeg on the road it wasn't happening.
However it does look a complete beast and have to wrap it up warm away from the ravages winter, anyway i got the bike of my dreams to complete my collection of generally infamous bikes. just have to wait till the sun shines before i can see if it is as good as i hope it's gonna be.
:)
where's the bar?
Shlockengronk
On the Road

Post by Shlockengronk »

WOO HOO........enjoy.......hope the grins dont stretch your helmet :lol:
Life starts at 45.......................degrees
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

carnivore wrote:55 years agoWell guess what, DK phoned up saying the yoshi system wouldn't fit but they could sell me a full akroprovic system. I think not, i ain't made of money. So the plan now is to have a system made up locally by a company called Zorstec. will post pics when its done.
Yet again,
DK are full of shit. Nobody(and ive looked around trust me) makes a full system that you can buy off the shelf mate.
Akro do sell linkpipes and can's for raptor,but they aint cheap.
Then again neither are Zorstec.
£1100 the quoted me for a complete underseat system for my tls project bike about 2 years ago.
carnivore
On the Road

Post by carnivore »

Arn't raptors fun snow!!!!! Rode it home on sunday night in blizzard conditions was pleasntly suprised it didn't try to kill me. :D 8) (Yes it was that cool)
where's the bar?