airbox lid cutout

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
deekay
On the Road

Post by deekay »

are you cutting the top out of the filter as well. I took mine off the other day and saw that if you cut the top of the airbox lid all it would do is expose the filter top which is a solid metal plate so to induce more air you would also have to cut the filter top or am I missing something, I often do, it happens at my age, denis.
to be old and wise you must first be young and stupid
deekay
On the Road

Post by deekay »

oops senior moment, did not look past page 1 until I submitted my question then noticed page 2, please forgive me, denis.
to be old and wise you must first be young and stupid
booah
On the Road

Post by booah »

Thanks OK Denis it happens to me too. The whole air filter box is new. Had the bike on the dyno since I last posted and saw the AFR go way , way, way lean. Power Commander is now installed and need a set of pipes before I tune again. Any suggestions out there?
craigus
On the Road

Post by craigus »

has anybody done the mod with standard pipes on & if so does it still make a differance & do you need to remap , also what is the best aftermarket air filter to use .
booah
On the Road

Post by booah »

Have decided to get the bike dynoed as is, will let you know the results in the next couple of weeks
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

Hi booah,

I have Leo Vince pipes on mine,we are a bit limited in OZ with choice unlike in the UK there seems to be an endless choice of pipes,when I bought mine I could only get Leo Vince,Remus,Staintune or Sil Moto,check with your dealer or maybe you could import some yourself if none above appeal,freight costs could suck though.

Regards,zorro 8)
Aussie Shagger
On the Road

Post by Aussie Shagger »

You can get giannelli in melb too zorro.
They're what I've got...love ém :D
Don't ya just dig a round-a-bout!.....2003 Xtra Raptor (222/999), Gold Renthal Bars, Giannelli Pipes, Throttle Rocker, Ventura Rack, Blue LED Instrument Panel, Headlight Protector, LED Tail Light.
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

Yep,Gianelli are very nice too,my dealer didn't mention them at the time,also just remembered Laser were available but very very pricey.
Who carries them in Melb.Shagger?

Regards,zorro 8)