raptor & xtra raptor breaking

Chat about anything
simon67
On the Road

raptor & xtra raptor breaking

Post by simon67 »

in my fruitless search for a radiator for my v-rap thou,i came across a place breaking a brand new xtra raptor and a red 03 naked rap.i bought the fully adjustable xtra shock for £93 delivered which i thought was a bit of a bargain.the place is bike-enders and the phone number is 01708455530 and ask for jim.the extra raptor is titanium grey by the way.package arrived within 48 hours.just thought i should share the info-cheers
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Re: raptor & xtra raptor breaking

Post by TLMONKEY »

simon67 wrote:55 years agoin my fruitless search for a radiator for my v-rap thou,i came across a place breaking a brand new xtra raptor and a red 03 naked rap.i bought the fully adjustable xtra shock for £93 delivered which i thought was a bit of a bargain.the place is bike-enders and the phone number is 01708455530 and ask for jim.the extra raptor is titanium grey by the way.package arrived within 48 hours.just thought i should share the info-cheers
Ah, so it was you who bought the rad then:)
I asked him for ya(knowing you wanted one) and was told he sold it,but didn't know it was you.
I've bought the complete bodykit off him inc. seat hump,including the headlight+ bracket+indicator's+seat.
All the carbon panel's/part's have hair-line crack's in them according to jim,but not that arsed,as can't look worse than the bodykit/paint on it at the moment :lol:
simon67
On the Road

Post by simon67 »

no i missed the rad(sob) but made eased the pain with the xtra rap shock which doesnt look that straightforward to fit,what with the remote resevoir.cant see a way to thread it past the rear cylinder to mount it where it should sit to the left of no 1` cylinder by the frame mounts.i think the x-rap has an extra bracket to mount it on.by the way was it you who put the gsxr forks on your rap?if so was it any good?cuz i may do it myself-cheers
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

simon67 wrote:55 years agono i missed the rad(sob)
by the way was it you who put the gsxr forks on your rap?if so was it any good?cuz i may do it myself-cheers
Oh right,
Yes it was me,looks great,even used the raptor yokes.
Cant say much about being better(brake's are deffo better),but only because the bike hasnt been more than 20miles since i fitted them as i rode it to southport,swopped the engine for yoshi race engine and been waiting for exhaust to be made ever since,now iv'e gone and bought a secondhand tlr akro set of downpipes from u.s. ebay($250 shipped) which are coming 2mora(just paid import tax/duty over the phone to parcelforce :( )
Once they are fitted then gotto get it to dyno 250 for set up.