Soft front end????

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
grubbymitts
On the Road

Soft front end????

Post by grubbymitts »

:D Just seen an advert on ebay for a v raptor with ducati front end. :D The front end has been replaced due to the original being too soft.--is this true? I thought it was just an excuse to replace some bent ones, but would value an opinion from someone who has owned one before i investigate further...... :roll:
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

the front end on the V-rap (stock) is very good man. I don't see any reason at all to change it (on the public roads, track is something different i guess).

If anything, it is a bit harsh! not soft at all. But i love the feel it gives, very confidence inspiring.

What spec. ducati front has he changed it to? there's a difference between e.g. a monster 600 front and a 999R front...
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

it is most likely a genuine modification, not a result of an accident.seems lots of people use ducati or gsxr forks, raptor forks are not adjustable(thou think x raps are).have no issues with my forks, but have many friends who insist on adjustable forks on whatever bikes they ride.would however would be suspicous if replacement forks were not adjustable as raptor ones are good.
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

I did find the front a little too soft(after 3.5 years hard riding round the Isle of Man) so just put progressive springs and new oil and its brill again :D
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable
IANGA
On the Road

Post by IANGA »

Raptorman
Where did you get the progressive springs from and how difficult are they to change?
May give this a try......... :)
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

I got them from Bikestuff on 07976 692594,ask for Richard.
They are very easy to change and come with instructions.
Make sure you change the oil too.You will have to take the bar clamps off first and move the bars out of the way.
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable