Raise a glass please folks

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
craftycat
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: saragracewevillceramics

Raise a glass please folks

Post by craftycat »

Well, went out for a ride today with a mate. Needed to banish some demons in my head... a friend of mine was killed in UK 3 weeks ago whilst out riding with his wife. Both of them on Triumphs, Steve was behind. Not entirely sure what happened but something hit Sally and she stopped. Steve wasn't there... she looked back.. load of cars and a commotion. She ran back and saw his lid, she knew instantly he was dead. A witness said that he had been on the wrong side of the road and 'out of control' He hit the windscreen of a jeep cherokee and died instantly. We don't know if whatever hit sally hit him or if he lost control hitting Sal's wing mirror which was ripped off. Police reckon we'll never really know. There is a theory that it was a pheasant that hit Sal but again.. really not sure.
So.... I had to get back out there, attended the funeral last weekend absolutely incredible, bikes behind the hearse and 100's of people there. He was a great guy.
Had a stonking ride today, including the public road bit of the Le Mans 24 hours car circuit :lol: Remember taking Steve round there.. the grin on his face was priceless!
So we are in the process of raising a glass in his memory and to Sally his partner for her amazing courage... Cheers folks and ride safe
2002 Cagiva Raptor 1000... mine all mine!!
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

I too have lost friends and know the pain that it gives, condolences to Sally and to all who knew and loved Steve.

:cry:
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

My condolances to you all who knew and loved steve
Sadly a lot of bikers out there know the pain of losing a loved one
No bike is ever finished!
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

RIP steve

good on ya getting back on the bike, gotta do what you love. :)
Shlockengronk
On the Road

Post by Shlockengronk »

condolences, we get memorial runs out here and there getting bigger as the years go on (dont stop what you love doing)
Life starts at 45.......................degrees
craftycat
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: saragracewevillceramics

Post by craftycat »

Absolutely, just have to get back on and ride. If it's in your blood then you just can't let it get to you. The husband of the woman we bought our house off, he dropped dead from a heart attack during a football match.. he was in his mid 40's. I knew football was dangerous!
We've all gotta go sometime and the one thing that gives Sally solice is the fact that he went instantly doing what he loved and he didn't suffer.
Reckon we will do a kind of memorial run next year. It's a place in Brittany near their holiday home called Porcaro. There is a chapel just for bikers and every year in August they have a blessing where you and your bike get a wash with holy water!! (Nearest my husband's has been to water in years!) Last time there were around 17,000 bikers. It starts with a torchlit parade with bikers carrying the statue of the Madonna and the next day you line up (for hours!) to be blessed and then a massive rideout . All very well organised and very moving. We put Steve's photo in the chapel the week after he died and lit some candles for him. That was the first time I got back on the bike after his death. It was a 5 hr round trip to light some candles but we really needed to do it.
2002 Cagiva Raptor 1000... mine all mine!!