Best extra/add-on you've bought?

Chat about anything
philattersall
On the Road

Best extra/add-on you've bought?

Post by philattersall »

whats the best extra/add-on you've bought for your raptor?

apart from race cans though (surely it's the best extra!)

aftermarket footpegs? handlebars? etc

me. red wheel tape. cheap, and makes quite a difference. Though think i may take it off and put on white instead
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

If ya havent done it already,then do the airbox mod

+k/n filter
+yoshibox remap(or pc2)
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

I've not bought owt for mine except Remus road legal cans and Pilot Power Sports tyres. Both have been worth the money.
Black No.1
On the Road

Post by Black No.1 »

All the bling was on mine when I bought it, steering damper, braking wavy's, new paint, polished rims.

The only things I've bought are the clear clutch cover which looks the dog's and also the belly pan 8)
2001 Cagiva Raptor 1K, black with copper flake, matching wheels with polished rims, matris steering damper, braking wavy disks, digi gear indicator, SV1K belly pan, tail tidy, clear clutch cover, ccc titanium cans, LED rear light.
philattersall
On the Road

Post by philattersall »

can we except 'Pilot Power Sports' as an add-on? let me just ask the audience (drum roll please)

..and the audience says yes. Well done. Here's a cup cake

clear clutch cover. it does indeed look very cool 8)
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

Hyperpro rear shock on mine
BIG inprovement in handling!!!
Carbon key cover also looks great ,makes the rap look chique
No bike is ever finished!
steve996
On the Road

best mods

Post by steve996 »

cant pick just one so my top 3 are
1.brembo 19/20mm adjustable ratio master cylinder
2.xtra raptor shock
3.baines rear link

most effective has to be the brake master cylinder and best value for money has to be the xtra raptor shock at £85.00 new off e-bay.i also have a carbon single race seat to fit that looks very much like the ones on the alto racing raptors,but it needs painting and will be off to racepaint after xmas.i think the paint job will be a randy mamola style(randy rode cagivas beautifull gp bike in the late 80s/early 90s)in rosso red and a yellow number board with the number 2 on it,unless any of you can suggest anything interesting.
p.s TL can you explain the airbox mods,have you just trimmed out the air box lid or is there more?-see ya
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Re: best mods

Post by TLMONKEY »

steve996 wrote:55 years ago TL can you explain the airbox mods,have you just trimmed out the air box lid or is there more?-see ya
Steve,
I just cut the hole in the top and left it open as t/b's still protected by the filter in the airbox.
All i can say is do it and let me know how big your grin is when ya take bike out for first time.
I have had 2 other members do it so far and lets just say that they were more than happy with the results :lol:
Put a race filter in there aswell if ya can steve
bolero
On the Road

Post by bolero »

I can vouch for the airbox mod (thanks TL)... much more smiles!

As for the best thing I've bought... Hmmmm, mines not had anything that special (although the intregrated stop/tail/indicator LED unit and Yamaha Aerox clear lens does look pretty good)..

I'd say my money has been best spent on fuel so far!
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

Best for mine has to be equally the screen and Ventura rack. :D
Both worth their weight in GOLD
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

that airbox mod sounds yummy, gonna try that this weekend! 8)

best mod? hard to say, the bike is so damn good out of the crate...

i'd say hyperpro progressive spring on stock shock. :)
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

best add ons.umm so many.
agree the air box was very good as described,goes well if akroprovicics,done the v rap carbon fibre through out but for me it was getting rid of all the shit italian metal.
have replaced everything that rusts or codes.all bolts are now titanium through out,even those you cannot see.no more rusty watermarks.had all the lfoot evers,linkages,and brackets (such as front bracke fluid resovoir holder) lazer cut and polished.had oil and rad gaurds custom made to fit and polished.
lever pivit bolt made for 916s fit in titanuim,as do clevis bolts and brake retaining pins.tidys whole bike up.
another must has been belly pan,improves looks and adds functional protection to bike
The Reverend
On the Road

Tell me more!!

Post by The Reverend »

Hey there all. I saw this thread and thought by jove this could be worth a try. So as i spent most of the day prepping the rap for it's summer use i thought i bet this will only take 10 minutes so off i went hack saw in hand. Opened the airbox lid to discover i have the TL standard airfilter with the a metal oval plate in the middle i see TL Monkey has the K&N with no central plate. To cut a long story short can i cut out the top of the TL airfilter for now until i get around to buying a K&N or similar.

My hacksaw is laying in wait.................................
More Tea Vicar?
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Re: Tell me more!!

Post by TLMONKEY »

The Reverend wrote:55 years ago can i cut out the top of the TL airfilter for now until i get around to buying a K&N or similar.
YEP :)
pod
On the Road

best in order

Post by pod »

Baines link, much better handling
Thicker seat. knees dont suffer
maxton forks, smooth
Tank cover and = ventura rack
Stay calm.