Best extra/add-on you've bought?

Chat about anything
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

well apart from the carbon replacement for the plastic sides mines about as plain as it could be - for a half V half Normale, with a different paint job - only other add on was the Ventura system - brilliant kit that 8) even survived an off in the acrobatic stylee
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Spyke
On the Road

Re: Best extra/add-on you've bought?

Post by Spyke »

Epic thread resurrection! For me the best things I've bought are my Akrapovic cans - not for the extra power, but for the noise and the weight saving which makes my bike easier to park and unpark. I even had a stranger come up to me on Saturday just to tell me how good my bike sounded, gotta be happy with that. But my fave DIY mod is probably my white lenses, because I struggled against adversity and took ages to get there, it's very gratifying to overcome a significant challenge. She really doesn't show her age I think, strangers find it difficult to accept she's 11 - is that 77 in bike years?!

Anyway nearly eight years on how are folks going with the airbox mod? Before I trawl the archives are there any potential pitfalls i.e. running rich/lean/hot/cold etc? Sounds like it just might be my next wee project, it's nicely priced for one thing. :mrgreen:
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

You're getting first prize for the holy epic thread revival competition,well done ,collect at the bar :D Worthwhile question though, for sure my exhaust. I love the clear lense, i like stuff that people make themselves. Speaking of airbox i still have to fit my tlr venturis, i am at best hoping for a gain in lower end torque but not really any real gains in rwhp. I think a dyno will be very important once i have finished off the side inlets, i plan on using a couple of tls carbon inlets ,more for show than anything as i am not expecting any real gains from ram air but a couple extra ponies will be nice. I feel the oem headers are just too restrictive . Great bike but has its limitations in this area unless you want to go the whole hog with airbox and full exhaust. just my .o2 .

Yes this bike really doesn't age well :toocool:
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Mmm, yeah dyno reports on the airbox mod would be interesting for sure. Hurry up with those rams! Yes the "built not bought" streetfighter attitude is something I aspire to. Are you sure you meant "doesn't" and not "does"?! Keeping them dry seems to help :mrgreen:
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoMmm, yeah dyno reports on the airbox mod would be interesting for sure. Hurry up with those rams! Yes the "built not bought" streetfighter attitude is something I aspire to. Are you sure you meant "doesn't" and not "does"?! Keeping them dry seems to help :mrgreen:
I think i meant doesn't , it seems to always look modern if you know what i mean :? may be the same thing at the end of the day :blink: but that may be open to iterpretation
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

The 2 into 1 exhaust system as it sounds awesome and is very light. Oh and my rearsets as the bike would look weird (weirder) with no exhaust up one side and a big footrest hanger on the other.
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

norrie wrote:55 years agoThe 2 into 1 exhaust system as it sounds awesome and is very light. Oh and my rearsets as the bike would look weird (weirder) with no exhaust up one side and a big footrest hanger on the other.
I like the 2-1 look, i am currently working on a 2-1 yosh header to suit tl but it could fit the raptor with some slight mods to the rear header /spigot pipe
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoI like the 2-1 look, i am currently working on a 2-1 yosh header to suit tl but it could fit the raptor with some slight mods to the rear header /spigot pipe
Found an old thread warning against that today http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtop ... =11&t=2711
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years ago
ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoI like the 2-1 look, i am currently working on a 2-1 yosh header to suit tl but it could fit the raptor with some slight mods to the rear header /spigot pipe
Found an old thread warning against that today http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtop ... =11&t=2711
Yes you are likely to loose some bottom end power and gain some top end. The raptor is not a race bike but i think the sound is good ,looks good and loose some weight are worthwhile benefits of a 2-1. Yosh also brought out a 2-1 full ti race system for the tlr and a 3/4 2-1 header for the SV1000 I had one and it sounded awesome. I doubt whether normal street riding you would notice much difference. The header i have was damaged and already converted but i want to do a better weld job :D
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Mine is the 650 so it's fine. Bike runs great. :thumbsup:
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
vassilis67
On the Road

Post by vassilis67 »

norrie wrote:55 years agoMine is the 650 so it's fine. Bike runs great. :thumbsup:

The 650 is the best of the raptors, everybody knows that. :nerner: :nerner:
It's all greek to me....
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

vassilis67 wrote:55 years ago
norrie wrote:55 years agoMine is the 650 so it's fine. Bike runs great. :thumbsup:

:nod:
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

norrie wrote:55 years ago
vassilis67 wrote:55 years ago
:nod:

:yuck: :bollocking: :upyours:
Anakist
On the Road

Post by Anakist »

Anyone got a picture of the air box mod? Seems like a good thing to do!

James
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Hi try a search here for snorkel or snorkelectomey and you will probably find info. Im on the tablet so cannot copy a search properly just now

Sent from my iPad using Technical magic
Twisted Tequila Sister