Hi another new owner

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
Monk
On the Road

Hi another new owner

Post by Monk »

Hi all, ive been lurking around these fiorums for a few weeks now and thought id register, i got my raptor 1000 a few months back but due to a broken leg havnt ridden it all winter (that could be a good thing i guess),

anyway herees a pic of it -

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2553/cagiva1sc4.jpg

its had a few things done to it, ohlins fork internals, nitron rear shock, wrp cans, and a power commander - oh and the slightly more obvious new rear end so it now has a cbr600rr seat unit.

ifve got a fly screen to add but im waiting to get a belly pan and get them both sprayed to match at the same time, just i cant seem to find the right one yet, oh and some new mirrors are on the cards soon as i cant see a damn thing out of these ones so ill be going with some bar end mounted ones.

well thats me and me bike so....

laters

Monk
philattersall
On the Road

Post by philattersall »

COOL!!!!

Love the seat unit. Nitron shock. Just fitted one to mine, make such a difference. Regards the bar end i've some fitted to mine as a couple of the other guys.

Belly-pan. Think you'd be best getting hold of a silver sv1000 belly-pan. Would suit the pointy rear seat unit.

Welcome mate. And if you need anything ask TL monkey. He's like a one stop shop for all things raptors :D
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Welcome in Monk :D
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Very pretty!!

Welcome to the asyum!
philattersall
On the Road

Post by philattersall »

Picture of the mirrors. could do with moving the brake fluid bottle somewhere a little lower. my friends girlfriend bless her, thought it was where the petrol went!
Aussie Shagger
On the Road

Post by Aussie Shagger »

I've got the same mirrors, well 1 on the right hand side anyway. They're great, slightly convex so you can see everything and they tidy up the front of the bike to boot! :lol:
Don't ya just dig a round-a-bout!.....2003 Xtra Raptor (222/999), Gold Renthal Bars, Giannelli Pipes, Throttle Rocker, Ventura Rack, Blue LED Instrument Panel, Headlight Protector, LED Tail Light.
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

Hi Monk

Welcome
:?: Is that ohlins internals springs or cardridges or both :?:
VERY nice tail unit 8)
No bike is ever finished!
Monk
On the Road

Post by Monk »

as far as i know, its both, it was already done when i got the bike, as for the mirrors on the bars - i cant actually go for the ones on the end as it turns out - i measured the gate and it wont fit through with them :( , so its down to finding some with a slightly longer arm or a rear view camera hehe.

laters

Monk

ps i ordered a belly pan form skidmarx so that should be here in about 10 days, then its just needs to get sprayed up and stuck on along with the tiny screen i gotfor it.
philattersall
On the Road

Post by philattersall »

Monk wrote:55 years ago ps i ordered a belly pan form skidmarx so that should be here in about 10 days, then its just needs to get sprayed up and stuck on along with the tiny screen i gotfor it.
The bellypan on mine above is from skidmarx. Think i should get round to having it sprayed up as well. I've seen half picture on here of a red raptor with the red skidmarx bellypan. Be nice to see couple more photo's of it....whoever you were!
Monk
On the Road

Post by Monk »

well the belly pans here, so now im just waiting for a nice (warm) day to go test fit everything, and then itll be time to get them sprayed up so guess what im gettign quotes for over the next few days hehe - why didn t i just get a red or black raptor - itd be so much easier and cheaper than silver lol.

laters

Monk