i'm getting the drinks in...

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
bladesuk1
On the Road

i'm getting the drinks in...

Post by bladesuk1 »

waddya want? ;)

name's b, blades, or allan (take your pick - most of my friends use one of the first two). i'm based in coventry, though i'm from liverpool originally, and work in birmingham as a code monkey.

proud owner of a raptor 650ie, which due to being completely cack at u-turns i can't actually ride yet, but she looks pretty and sounds ace... figured she'd make a good first bike, what with the sv engine and the cagiva styling. hope i'm not proved wrong!

she's still stock (aside from some tinycators on the front and some renthal bars) as far as i know, but the (probably long-term) plan is to take off the mini-fairing (i like 'em naked...), replace the numberplate holder with something a bit nicer, switch the indicators front and back for led ones, probably do the same with the rear light. i also need to figure out how to switch the clocks from kph to mph too, so i don't have to do any maths while learning to ride.

oh yeah, i'm also heading to the bulldog bash in august - anyone else in here going?
taz_116
On the Road

Post by taz_116 »

I'll have a bottle of Corona if your getting em in! :D

Welcome to the forum, I see you live in Coventry, I live and work in Birmingham, so if you see anyone on a silver V-Rap 1000 it will proberbly be me around these parts.

Good luck with the test? Is that booked and comming up?

If the 650 is anything like the 1000 then they are the Devils own ride!

Taz
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul

2001 V-Raptor 1000, K&N Air Filter & TRE
bladesuk1
On the Road

Post by bladesuk1 »

coming right up...

i actually work in hall green - so if you spot a red raptor (or, for the moment, a black and silver kymco hipster when the other half lets me near it!) that'll be me...

i've kinda got to wait for a retest - i'm having my eyes lasered a week friday, so i'll have to let that heal up first before i can book another one. but i'll be booked back in as soon as i can see again! i'm dying to get out on the li'l bugger...

was very tempted by the 1000, but figured the ickle one might be slightly safer as a first bike! plus the 650ie i have is an 06, so it's fuel injected, and i don't think they've sorted that on the 1000 yet.

b
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

welcome in b :) - hope the lasering heals quick

the thou fuel injection seems fine to me, although needs some tweaks occasionally

I did see a kph to mph converter but forgotten the web address - I'll post it up if/when I find it again
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
stevepratt48
On the Road

Post by stevepratt48 »

www.motrax.co.uk do one specifically for the Raptor, Ref. CKBS01 @£59.99 - hope that helps.
:)
Steve Pratt

Are you coming, or just naturally happy?
JimBo
On the Road

Re: i'm getting the drinks in...

Post by JimBo »

Welcom B, I'll have a Vodka and Vim please.
bladesuk1 wrote:55 years agohope i'm not proved wrong!
You won't be :lol: .
So many motorcycles, so little money!
taz_116
On the Road

Post by taz_116 »

Lets hope your eyes heal quick and you can get your test done!

I have had no problems with my Fuel injection! For the way i ride its sweet. Then again i guess i do ride like i have just escaped from hell :lol:

I am trying to convince my other half to look at a 650 raptor when she passes. But so far the consensus is that she likes the new bandit :shock: I keep showing her all these lovely V-Twins, but she still preferes 4 cylinder sowing machines! God help me :lol:
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul

2001 V-Raptor 1000, K&N Air Filter & TRE
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

Hi Welcome :D

I'll have a corona please!
(WSB team sponsors don't have any effect on me...)
No bike is ever finished!
bladesuk1
On the Road

Post by bladesuk1 »

hi all :) drinks coming right up...

steve - i've got that kph/mph converter from motrax, but the bugger doesn't seem to fit anywhere on the bike. i think i found the speed cable under the seat just by the tank, but the connectors don't fit. i'm in discussions with the guy who designed it at the moment - going to send him some pictures of the connectors and the cables and see if he can figure out what's going on. annoyingly, i can't find anything online about where that cable is on the bike, either.

as to the thou, i thought that was still carburetted - there's no thou on the cagiva website atm, and i assumed it was because they hadn't put the fuel injection in there yet, like they'd done with the 650ie. knowing me, i've got completely the wrong end of the stick, though :)

taz - i know what you mean about the other half. mine's not a fan either (although she does love v-twins) - she's more a cruiser girl herself. i'll admit, the triumph rocket is a temptation, but definitely for when i've got a *lot* more experience. and money. and full no-claims!

six days to lasering... can't wait! i mean, my correction's not really bad (-1.25) but i need glasses to read numberplates, so i have to wear 'em when i ride. i've already broken one pair inside a helmet while wearing them, and they're not cheap, so i figured i'd get them lasered and be done with it. should heal up in about a week if i go for the epi-lasek. i figure there's only two types of biker - those who've come off, and those who will come off - and the lasik leave a weakened eye. i don't want to risk losing sight if i smack my head into something...
stevepratt48
On the Road

Post by stevepratt48 »

Under the seat?? Must admit I assumed it plugged betwixt cable and speedo head! Good luck with the lasering, don't read Joe Simpson's book until after you've done it/had it done to you.
8)
Steve Pratt

Are you coming, or just naturally happy?
DrBagiva
On the Road

Motrax converter for 1000 only?

Post by DrBagiva »

EErm,yes......the mileage converter for the 650, been there done that! The one available from Motrax was only for the 1000cc model when i did my 650. I ended up with the shop giving me Motrax's number who kindly put me in touch with the firm who make the converter for them. I sent the thou. one back to them and they sent me a universal one. It didn't plug in though and I had to splice it in to the existing loom under the tank hinge. They were extremely helpful though! :roll:
Maybe they make one for the 650 now but if it only said Raptor on the packet
and it's also fits the Suzi TL thou. it probably won't fit yours.
bladesuk1
On the Road

figures...

Post by bladesuk1 »

so i'm right in thinking that the connector is supposed to be the one under the seat by the tank, then? well, that at least means i'm not completely nuts, then, i guess :)

i've got to take some pictures and send them over to the guy who makes them, so i'll keep you posted to see what the deal is with it.

craftycat
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: saragracewevillceramics

Post by craftycat »

Hellooo, welcome on in!! Mine's a glass of Merlot please!!! Re the fuel injecton and 1000.... as far as I know mine is a 2002 Raptor 1000 and it's fuel injected!... don't have a reserve which everyone tells me is par for the course with fuel injected! Have to say.. leave the technical stuff to hubby as I enjoy riding the bike more than wielding a spanner!!!
2002 Cagiva Raptor 1000... mine all mine!!
craftycat
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: saragracewevillceramics

Post by craftycat »

taz_116 wrote:55 years agoI am trying to convince my other half to look at a 650 raptor when she passes. But so far the consensus is that she likes the new bandit :shock: I keep showing her all these lovely V-Twins, but she still preferes 4 cylinder sowing machines! God help me :lol:
NOOOOOOOOO!!! You have to convince her of the error of her ways...V twins are sooooo classy!!!
2002 Cagiva Raptor 1000... mine all mine!!