TRE

General spannery stuff
zorro
On the Road

TRE

Post by zorro »

Hi to all from ''downunder"and raining at last !!

Advise reguarding TRE's please,is the "normal"TRE okay to run on my Rap.1000 or should I go for the "smart"TRE for the extra cost, also which are the best brand/made ones.

Regards,zorro 8)
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Hiya, welcome to the forum,

Dunno whether mine is smart or not, but i got mine from E-Bay, and have run without the Power Commander with better results since...

Enjoy.

Miz.
152/999
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

Hi Zorro

Got the "15K resistor mod"mentioned in this forum somewhere (about 0.25 euro's)
Works great!
Worth a try Rappy thinks it's in 6th all the time running smoothly on road and track

Cheers
No bike is ever finished!
zorro
On the Road

TRE

Post by zorro »

Hi guys and thanks for your response,

Have seen TRE's on e-bay, some are ''normal" some are "smart" or "auto",this is where I'm confused,which one and which brand,no one mentions 15k resistor etc. suppose they all work I just wanted the best.

Regards,zorro
ayuluv
On the Road

Post by ayuluv »

smart tre or ivan's 007 i suppose works abit differently from the normal tre or 002.

002 (normal tre) will make the idling lower due to they use all maps for all gears.. including neutral... hence may nid to make the idling higher manually..

007 (smart tre) will detect dat the bike its at neutral gear and it uses the original neutral map. So idling is not affected at all //

hope it helps
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

Read these 3 pages here mate for all the info you need + shows ya how to make ya own.

http://wotid.com/tls/content/view/20/57/
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

Hi guys and thanks for more info.

Kind of up to speed now on how and what these TRE's do,think I'll go for a "smart"one from e-bay,seems to work best,I could'nt possibly make one I'm not technically compentent (smart) enough for that,thanks again.

Regards,zorro 8)
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

Just fitted a tre2 which i borrowed from a guy at work(off his Busa) and i can`t tell any difference other than having to adjust the tick over.I`ve got scorpion cans without the baffles but other than that it`s standard.
Should i be able to tell the difference and if so where in the rev range :?: .
Was hoping to see an increase in power but it doesn`t feel any quicker :?
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

Well i was wrong :roll: .
It has had an effect on power(once she`s warm and running on the proper ignition map :oops: ),and the thing goes better upto the limiter in 1,2 and 3rd and also lifts the wheel at 60mph in 3rd off the power,no clutch needed at all :D ..
Off for another play now :twisted: ,see yer .
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
Runs With Scissors
On the Road

Post by Runs With Scissors »

Hello Folks,
Having read these comments I've gone & done the same as Zorro.

I got a 'smart' TRE from eBay (installed it in 5 mins 8))
All up cost of about 65 Aussie pesos (fits nicely in the 'budget').

I'll do the test run tomorrow :D :D :D

Seems like a good thing to do & it's also the only non-cosmetic mod I've made to the Rap in over 5 years of ownership.

Do I really need more whoop-arse acceleration away from the 'lights :?:
Nup... but it sure is fun & surely if some is good then more is better :twisted:

Hoping it'll help the bike accelerate a little more smoothly when getting on the gas through slow corners.... I'll let you know...
If you aren't living on the edge you are taking up too much room.
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

Hi all,
Fitted the TRE on Friday,weather has been freezing since,10-12 deg.C,yer I know we're piss weak compared to you Brits etc,anyway was 14 C today so out came the Rap."OH MUMMA" these TRE's rock,bang for bucks this is the best mod. of all time,the Rap.was always quick now it's scary quick.
Runs With Scissors lean forward and hang on,seriously !! :shock:

Regards,zorro 8)
Last edited by zorro on |July 10th, 2007|, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

Hi all,
Fitted the TRE on Friday,weather has been freezing since,10-12 deg.C,yer I know we're piss weak compared to you Brits etc,anyway was 14 C today so out came the Rap."OH MUMMA" these TRE's rock,bang for bucks this is the best mod. of all time,the Rap.was always quick now it's scary quick.
Runs With Scissors lean forward and hang on,seriously !! :shock:

Regards,zorro 8) ( sorry didn't mean to post twice )
Runs With Scissors
On the Road

Post by Runs With Scissors »

OK.. all done.
Finally got out for a little test of the Raptor with the TRE.
Yes Zorro, it's been a tad on the nippy side here too... It was -1 last night when I went out for a run :roll:

I'm not too sure how much low-gear grunt the TRE has released, but there does seem to be more.
The major changes that I have noticed are:
- A lot less loud bangs from the unrestricted Staintunes when going down through the gears.... I guess that's a good thing.
- Definately better/smoother throttle response when getting back on the gas through slow corners. This alone is worth the cost of the TRE :!:

Coming home tonight... stilll darn nippy... I noticed that the bike was leaving very nice black lines out of roundabouts :D .
Probably due to my now being able to get the power (increased or not) nicely onto the ground.
To me it feels as if the bike carburates better at low revs in low gears (I know the bike doesn't have carburettors... but I don't know how else to describe it :roll: )

I think you could say that I'm happy :D

I have noticed some people commenting that they found no difference between with or without a TRE.
I think that this may be due to differences in riding style.
In cases where the rider normally spends a lot of time high up in the rev range - maybe people who have spent a lot of time riding 4 cylinder bikes - I don't think the rider would notice much of the changes made by installing a TRE.

While doing a little research I found a Two Wheels article on the TL engine.
There was a comment that TLs are poorly fuelled below 4000rpm and "Disconnecting the gear position sensor improved the engines behaviour in the first three gears at the expense and substantial risk of damage from lean running at high speed (the gear positon sensor is used to calculate ram-air compensation)." :shock:

Hopefully since the 6th gear map is being used via the TRE and that Raptors don't use the same ram-air system that TLs used we are able to avoid such catastrophic results.

Has anyone checked this out on a Dyno?

Anyway, more riding for me tomorrow.
I'll be having a bit of fun on the "Cotter Loop" and savoring the twisties.... :D :D :D

Cop ya later.
If you aren't living on the edge you are taking up too much room.
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

-1,mate you have to be kidding,no wonder the politicions disappear over winter.You probably described the TRE enhancement better than me,I was just really impressed by the way a relatively low cost mod could be so effective.
Had a quick fang yesterday with a mate following on his monster (8 deg. yippee) he said that he could really notice me pulling out of corners much quicker than ever, funny thing is like when you fit new tyres you immediately notice a difference but soon get used to it, so with the TRE doing it's thing I'm quickly getting used to it.

Regards,zorro 8)
philattersall
On the Road

Post by philattersall »

Is this the model people have been buying?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRE-for-GSX1400-T ... dZViewItem

i'd also be interested to know anything regards Dyno runs with it fitted.
more so after having mine all day on the dyno to find that since it got serviced, the power have dropped 2bhp but in the mid-range, the bikes dropped 7bhp and 8lb of torque....